The Creators Collection Gets It’s First Games
The people at Xbox like to offer us gamers as diverse a range of games as possible and to this end in March they unveiled the Xbox Live Creators Program. This program means that developers can get their indie games onto the Xbox Store much easier. There is a much easier certification process that the games go through meaning that a lot of restrictions have been lifted.
These games can be from developers large and small, the idea is to create more diversity. The people at Xbox wanted these games to be as accessible as possible but they listened to fans and parents alike meaning that they have created a special section in the store for these games, this section is called the Creators Collection.
Today the beloved Major Nelson announced that the Creators Collection was getting it’s first games.
— 💬 Larry Hryb (@majornelson) August 10, 2017
The first games to be added to the collection include:
- Animal Rivals: Animal Rivals is an action-packed couch party game for one to four players. Drop into the game and fight for the Animalonia’s throne as one of the furry contenders in different mini-games and locations. Game itself presents a unique art style mixing the cartoonish looks and satire approach.
- Block Dropper: Block Dropper is a fast paced, arcade style, 3D platformer. Try not to fall as you guide your character through the challenging single player mode or grab a friend to battle head to head in a local multiplayer Block Battle Arena. Tresiris is a small game studio based in Olathe, Kansas, who create fun and simple games with quality as their top priority.
- Crystal Brawl: Gauntlet meets NBA Jam in Crystal Brawl, a 2v2 capture-the-flag local multiplayer game that melds fast action with MOBA-like strategy. Choose from a variety of characters with different abilities, with a notable twist: each character has a unique ability that alters the terrain. Experiment with different character combinations to uncover hidden strategies! Studio Mercato is an independent game studio based in New York City.
- Derelict Fleet: Derelict Fleet is a fast-paced space combat game. You are tasked with defending a refugee fleet as you travel the stars searching for a new colony to call home. Bionic Pony is a small indie studio based in Tampa, FL that started making Xbox Live indie games in 2010.
- ERMO: ERMO is a relaxing puzzle game featured with a calming and peaceful graphics. Immerse yourself in the landscapes and colors of ERMO and let you be carried away. You will learn the rules in a few seconds, but ERMO will catch you for hours.
- GalactiMAX!: In the vast darkness of space, GalactiMAX has the player shooting aliens for points to pierce the heavens in classic arcade shooter action! As more aliens are defeated, the player’s ship will increase in size and power. How big can this ship get?!
- kubic: kubic is a relaxing optical illusion puzzle game based on M.C. Escher’s art, impossible objects and other geometric designs. The object is to construct the goal configuration from a number of pieces.
- Space Cat!: Shoot your way past an onslaught of enemies and bosses. Collect weapon upgrades like missiles, bombs, laser beams and much more. GershGamesLLC is a group of young hobbyists that makes for fun on the weekends.
- Stereo Aereo: Stereo Aereo is an action rhythm game that is inspired by the pop-culture influences of the 80’s. You, the player, have to make sure that the mediocre space rockband Stereo Aereo, gets to their life changing concert, on time, in this comic styled sci-fi game.
All of these games can be found in the Creators Collection section of the Xbox Store. Hopefully this is the start of something wonderful for the Xbox and we can look forward to seeing some real gems been added to the program in the future.
- Previous Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Hits Xbox One in October
- Next Hoonigan Car Pack Coming To Forza Horizon 3 & Motorsport 7