Latest Titanfall 2 DLC Brings Back Classic Game Mode, Map & More
Respawn have today announced the contents of the latest DLC for the mech FPS hit, Titanfall 2. And it’s bringing back a much wanted game mode to the multiplayer ranks.
Frontier Defense became a hit with the titles predecessor, and is still one of the few modes now where you can easily get a game in the originals still-strong community. If you’re new to the mode, this is what you can expect:
- Co-op 4 player mode.
- Defend your Harvester against 5 waves of increasingly difficult enemies.
- Earn cash for defeating enemies that you can spend in between waves to purchase tools like Batteries, Arc Traps, Sentries, and more.
- Choose from Easy / Regular / Hard / Master difficulty.
- There will be an Insane difficulty as well that will exist in a separate tile as a Featured Mode.
- New Titan Progression – ‘Aegis Ranks’
- Earn Aegis Ranks by completing matches of Frontier Defense. Aegis Ranks can unlock powerful upgrades for your Titans, helping you succeed at higher difficulty levels. For now these Ranks will only apply to Frontier Defense.
- New, challenging enemy types to battle.
- 5 maps supported at launch
- Forwardbase Kodai
- War Games
- Blackwater Canal
- We are currently testing additional maps and will add more in future
- We’ll be showing more of Frontier Defense in an upcoming tutorial video around launch.
That’s not all however, and Titanafall veterans will immediately recognise the above image. The latest map to get the makeover treatment sees RISE return. The map itself is very stretched out, but also very narrow allowing for some excellent sniping opportunities but also some close quarters combat in any one of the numerous buildings that pave the way.
The elephant in the room here is the question of Respawn actually bringing some more unique and original maps to the game. They did a brilliant job with glitch which offers one of the most fun map experiences to date. But at the same time, we can’t argue with having remastered originals. Now how about some online achievements so we actually have something else over than leveling up to play for Respawn? Oh and while you’re at it, some of those challenges which made the original the reason it still stands up today?
But lets not get caught up in those kind of arguments, we already did that here.
If you’re a fan of Live Fire, then you will also be pleased to see the latest map, Town Ship (pictured below). Bringing sparse amounts of cover you’re going to need every ounce of skill and intelligence to survive here.
The latest update will drop on July 25th so not long to wait! There will also be new purchasable content in form of war paints for certain weapons and a limited edition Titan warpaint for Frontier Defense.
Are you excited for the upcoming DLC, which as always, is free! Let us know in the comments below!
Source – Respawn
If you would like to stay up to date with all the latest Xbox One news, reviews, competitions and information, make sure you like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group or subscribe to our YouTube channel. You can also follow us on Twitter and Twitch.
About: Tim Slatford
- Previous Four New Games Joining The Backwards Compatibility Library
- Next First 167 Vehicles From Forza Motorsport 7 Revealed