Caffeine ID@Xbox Early Look
Caffeine is a quirky psychological horror adventure game with an atmosphere heavily inspired by games like Condemned, FEAR and Outlast.
Set in the near future, the entire population of Earth is vigorously addicted to coffee. Once Earth’s caffeine reserves are depleted, the largest of the corporations build massive lumbering space ships with the sole purpose of seeking out the minerals needed to synthesize artificial caffeine.
You awaken aboard one of these caffeine mining ships alone. Before long you realize that you are a young boy with no memory of what has transpired on this seemingly empty space station.
Naturally you set out to explore the depths of the huge structure to figure out what exactly is going on.
Each character you discover in Caffeine has a rich and detailed back story, giving the empty structure an eerie “lived in” feeling.
To accompany the eerie visuals Caffeine offers, the sound is being prepared by two amazing professionals. Composer Adam Klingman and Sound Designer Jonathan Wachoru provide an amazing sense of immersion and chills.
At its core Caffeine is an exploratory first-person puzzle game with a strong focus on psychological horror and lore.
Caffeine has three main gameplay elements:
- Horror – You are alone in a mysteriously empty space station. Who knows what’s out there!
- Lore – Sticky notes, audio logs, whiteboards etc. This place feels lived in with each character having a rich back-story that can be deciphered from just walking into an office or quarters.
- Puzzles – interesting environmental and memory based puzzles.
Caffeine will be launching hopefully by the end of this year using the ID@Xbox platform. So what are your thoughts on this new horror IP? I am a massive fan of the Condemned series, and if it can come anywhere close to recreating something similar, colour me interested. It has a massive eerie feel along the lines of Alien Isolation also. If you are interested in more information on the game, you can snag a PC Demo HERE.
- Previous New August update available for preview members
- Next Dishonored Definitive Edition now available for digital pre-order and download