Game of the Year 2016 | The Final
It’s time to choose our Game of the Year 2016. We’ve whittled down over 400 games to just 5 – and we want YOU to pick the overall winner.
Every game on the list is a winner in its own right. Have a look at the list below – then pick your favourite!
A resurrection of the classic, DOOM set its stall out pretty early on – this is one of the fastest FPS games we’ve ever played. It’s not subtle, but it’s loud, exciting and entertaining from start to finish. With pick up and play multiplayer that doesn’t rely on you learning how to play with a bunch of different characters, DOOM puts the fun back into blasting Demons.
Loud, brash, unsubtle – no surprise DOOM was the pick of the Xbox One UK News Editors!
Forza Horizon 3
What started off as an arcade off-shoot from Microsoft’s franchise racer, the upstart has arguably eclipsed its more serious, senior stablemate with 2016’s Forza Horizon 3. A technical marvel from start to finish, it’s not uncommon to boot the game up and just drive for hours, without even thinking of competing in one of the hundreds of fun and challenging races available. It makes cruising with friends in the cars of your dreams not just possible, but unbelievably fun.
Forza Horizon 3 was the pick of the Xbox One UK community, gaining 14.4% of the vote.
Xbox One UK’s highest scoring game of 2016, Inside remains the only game in our history to ever score a full 10 out of 10. Inside is a fitting successor to Limbo, surpassing it in every measurable way. Tight, satisfying platforming, simple gameplay with complex puzzles, a dark, disturbing story and a visual style that hits every note perfectly, Inside is a masterpiece that deserves to be in every game fan’s collection.
Inside is our Indie Game of the Year.
Overwatch: Origins Edition
Overwatch is a first person MOBA that sees you and a team of freaks with unique traits and abilities face off against other teams of freaks for supremacy/bragging rights. A more casual MOBA than games such as SMITE or League of Legends, Overwatch is a well-rounded, engaging and rewarding multiplayer experience. Get the squad together, you don’t want to miss out on this.
Overwatch was the choice of or Senior Review Team.
Together, the brilliant campaign and compelling multiplayer means that Titanfall 2 offers the complete package. The campaign is a triumph, and worth the asking price on its own, whilst the multiplayer took everything that was great about the first game, and added grappling hooks, better balance, better maps and a broader range of Titans.
Titanfall 2 was the pick of the Xbox One UK Team.
Now that we have our final list of five, we’ve re-opened voting and everyone can have their say about which of the five is their favourite. Quite simply, the game with the most votes will be the Xbox One UK Game of the Year 2016 – an accolade quite beyond compare.
Yes, we know, you’re all busy people. So, to say thank you, everyone who votes will be included in a prize draw to win an Xbox Live Gift Card (digital code) for £50. (Only if you want to be. We respect your right to not be a winner if you choose!)
To vote for your favourite game, simply complete the voting form below.
Voting’s only open for a short time – so make sure you get in quick!
The small print:
- Only one vote per respondent, please!
- If you want to be entered into the prize draw, please supply your email address (and Twitter handle, if you have one) when you submit your vote.
- Your personal information will only be used to contact you in the event that you are a winner, will be held in accordance with the Terms of the UK Data Protection Act, and destroyed as soon as the winner has been confirmed. Find out how your information on how your data will be stored and handled.
- We reserve the right to exchange this prize for another of at least equal value.
- The winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries.
- If the winner cannot be contacted, or provides insufficient information to allow the prize to be despatched, that win will be declared null and void and a new winner selected at random from all eligible entries.
- Prize will be despatched not later than 31 January 2017.
- The first name (and Twitter handle, if one is supplied) of the winner will be announced on xboxoneuk.com and through our social media channels.
- Previous Could FIFA Steet Be Heading For Backwards Compatibility?
- Next Today’s Countdown Daily Deal is Here l 28th of December