PUBG Xbox One Update #9
It’s a new week and with that comes a shiny new update for PlayerUnknowns Battleground. Now let’s get the bad news out of the way first – we just need to get it over and done with like ripping off a plaster. The desert-based Miramar map is not included, according to the community coordinator, it isn’t ready for release.
Now that’s out the way, the new update for the Xbox One PUBG is Live, and it makes some big changes. From various bug fixes and perhaps most notably the removal of a single starting area for all players. This is essentially multiple pre-match starting locations. The issue before was that, with 100 players in the same area, PUBG’s performance took an absolute battering, also all the weapons that spawned in the start area of been removed as well. No more spam shooting a random player in the face anymore.
Jumping back to bug fixes, the water sound effect when traveling on a boat should sound better now. Apparently, there was a bug that caused your player to teleport somewhere else after landing, but this is now fixed.
Gameplay changes include lowered damage in vehicles taken from objects such as trees, various rocks and uneven terrain. And also you can now use the right stick to rotate your character at the customization menu. Check out the full Update notes below.
- Introduced multiple pre-match starting locations in order to optimize both server and game client performance
- Weapons are removed from the starting island prior to the match starting
- Game DVR is now supported for automatic recording of gameplay highlights. This feature must be enabled within the Options / Settings menu.
- We continue to listen to your vehicle feedback and have lowered the damage taken from objects throughout the world such as rocks, trees, and uneven terrain
- Adjusted the sound effects of both water and red-zone bombing
- Party matchmaking is now influenced by the player’s MMR
- Adjusted long-range blood VFX back to the original colors
- Improved visibility of squad member colors (yellow, orange, blue and green)
- Players can use the right thumbstick to rotate their character model during customization
- When customizing character appearance, the D-Pad can be held to switch between menus
- Preview is supported when customizing appearance or creating a new character
- Updated the design of the energy drink
- Fixed water sound effects
- Fixed Red Zone disappearing immediately after it starts
- Fixed random character teleportation following initial landing
- Fixed an issue where some doors could not be entered despite appearing open
- Fixed issue of recovery and boost items being able to be used when underwater
- Fixed the character animations when transitioning from jump-prone to standing
- Fixed unexpected character death caused by falling while moving
- Fixed areas of fencing where specific sides could not be penetrated by bullets
- Fixed buildings with missing stairs
- Fixed bug which caused objects to float in the air
- Fixed areas of terrain which were causing player characters to become stuck
- Fixed an issue which prevented team members being displayed following acceptance of an invite
- Fixed the issue of revive being canceled unintentionally
- Fixed hand animations when reloading/shooting the Kar98 in a prone position
- Fixed the issue limiting peak parachuting speed in FPP mode
- Fixed character animations when moving from prone to entering a vehicle
Optimization / Stability
- Optimized textures, landscapes and buildings throughout the island to improve performance
- Fixed a crash occurring when HDR was enabled
- Fixed a frozen character issue when reconnecting following a crash
- Fixed a crash occurring when the player opened their inventory
- Fixed a crash occurring when the spectated player was using a scope
- B button incorrectly displayed to cut parachute cable; this should be X
- When viewing the map, the X, Y, and B buttons are fully functional – please be aware that this can cause you to exit the plane or vehicle whilst in motion. Please only use the map button to return to gameplay until this is resolved.
What do you think of the new update? Are you still playing PUBG or do you prefer Fortnite? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
If you would like to stay up to date with all the latest Xbox One news, reviews, competitions, and information make sure you like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group or subscribe to our YouTube channel. You can also follow us on Twitter and Twitch
Source – PlayerUnknown’s Battleground
- Previous Inside Xbox Is Coming Back This Weekend
- Next South Park: The Fractured But Whole DLC Announced