Monster Hunter World Update Is Now Live
Monster Hunter World has been a massive success since its launch. It has become Capcoms fastest title to reach 6 million sales. With any big launch it has had a few issues.
The biggest problem was that some players were having a issue joining the game as a squad. They would receive the error message “Failed to retrieve squad information. Please wait and try again.”. Some players also had problems receiving items from the “5 Million Celebration Item Pack”.
Well now Capcom have released update 188.8.131.52 for the Xbox One which should fix these issues. The details of the patch notes are below and hopefully this will let you have happier times when out hunting with friends.
• Fixed an issue where the error message “Failed to retrieve squad information. Please wait and try again.” would appear and squad features would not be usable. However, as a result of this fix, players who were affected by this bug will have all of their squad data reset. Additionally, players in squads whose squad leaders have their data reset will also see any affiliated data disappear the next time they log in. We apologize sincerely for the inconvenience, and ask that you reform squads or reinvite players whose data are lost.
• Fixed an issue where, rarely, uninvited non-squad members could join a Squad Online Session, or squad members could not join one of their own. Squad Online Sessions can still be joined by players outside of the squad via friend invite or Online Session ID search.
5 Million Celebration Item Pack
Fixed an issue where some players could not claim the item pack “5 Million Celebration Item Pack”. The availability for this item pack has been extended to February 22, 23:59 (UTC).
• Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, decorations would be lost.
• Fixed an issue that occurred when selecting items with the “Sell Items” option (from the item box inside base camp tents) by hiding the decorations tab.
General Light Bowgun and Heavy Bowgun ammo changes
• Increased the power of Normal Ammo (1, 2, 3), Pierce Ammo (1, 2, 3), and all elemental ammo (except Dragon Ammo).
• Decreased the power of Slicing Ammo, and reduced the effect it has when hitting other players.
• Reduced the maximum number of Slashberries you can hold in your item pouch from 60 to 30. Players can still use any remaining extra Slashberries if they currently have more than 30 in their item pouch.