Bungie Taking Destiny 2 Down Today To Correct Intent
So let’s face it, Bungie has messed up on the launch of Curse of Osiris for Destiny 2. It has been a general consensus with the player base that bungee has offered very little in this DLC and have locked too many casual things behind a paywall that were readily available in the first Destiny game as part of the regular experience. Outside of the amazing raid lair, there isn’t much else outside of very little story and more repetitive gameplay. Bungie is now though seeing their errors and trying to fix them as best they can. Today Destiny 2 will be taken offline for approximately 7 hours to implement patches that should help create a more casual experience without hurting the end game. Here’s what we can expect from today’s patch.
- The Prestige Leviathan Raid will be brought back down to Power 300, and its rewards will drop down to match the new Power Level. All players will regain access to the Prestige Raid.
- This will allow access to “The Prestige” Achievement/Trophy for all players.
- This will also allow all players ability to complete the final step for the Legend of Acrius Exotic Shotgun.
- Trials of The Nine will only require Curse of Osiris when it features a Curse of Osiris map. For all other weeks, it will be available to all players.
- This will allow access to “Lest Ye Be Judged” Achievement/Trophy for all players.
- Trials of The Nine rewards that launched with Destiny 2 will still be accessible to all players.
- New Seasonal Rewards that launched with Curse of Osiris, such as the new Seasonal Armor Ornaments, will require ownership of Curse of Osiris to acquire.
- The Prestige Nightfall will remain a pinnacle activity, at the new 330 Power cap.
- This means Prestige Nightfall will require ownership of Curse of Osiris.
- Because of this, we will update “The Prestige” Achievement/Trophy to only reference The Prestige Raid.
- Moving forward, we are investigating adding a 3rd difficulty to all Prestige activities, so that we can provide both a challenge that stays relevant with each new Expansion, and a Prestige version that is available to all players.
- Normal Nightfall will only require Curse of Osiris when it features a Curse of Osiris map. For all other weeks it will be available to all players.
- Time limited events – Iron Banner, Faction Rally, and The Dawning, will be made available to all players.
- We will be postponing tomorrow’s Faction Rally, to ensure all of our players can access the activity and the appropriate rewards.
- Iron Banner and Faction Rally rewards that launched with Destiny 2 will still be accessible to all players.
- New Seasonal Rewards that launch with Curse of Osiris, such as the new Seasonal Armor Ornaments, will require ownership of Curse of Osiris to acquire.
They have also stated that they are working to make heroic strikes more interesting in the form of modifiers and challenges, as well make it free for all players.
What have you thought about curse of Osiris? Let us know in the comments below!