The Culling Exits Game Preview
The first Battle Royale game to be brought to the Xbox One console The Culling, have announced that it will finally be leaving the Game Preview programme to become a fully-supported game with achievements.
The Culling pits you against other contestants in a game show-like arena, to be crowned the overall winner. Where Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds is third-person, includes vehicles and involves a lot of gunplay, The Culling is first-person and is a melee-based skill game which requires perfect timing in attacking, blocking and pushing whilst gathering resources, crafting weapons and hitting pinatas for rare loot.
Every month, the developer Xaviant releases an ‘Island diary’ detailing any patches, bug fixes or new additions to the game. You can check out below, what this months report had to say:
In this edition of the Island Diary, we’re thrilled to bring you not one, but two major announcements!
Our first piece of news is that this Friday, October 6th, we will roll out the next update for The Culling on both PC and Xbox One.
This update brings new additions and improvements such as new cosmetics, Xbox Voice Support (proximity/team) as well as several key tweaks and bug fixes. The highlight of the update for many players will undoubtedly be the brand new Golden Weapons.
As per usual, we will have full patch later this week when the update drops. Buuuuut we wanted to give you the full rundown on all eight of the new, shiny toys that will be dropped into the arena via match events.
Match events that deliver rewards, such as Loot Piñata and Loot Express, now deliver crates containing Golden Weapons. Mid-match events deliver Tier 3 Golden Weapons, Late-match events deliver Tier 4 Golden Weapons.
These weapons are generally comparable in stats to their non-golden counterparts, but they offer a bonus twist. Our goal is to make these events worth fighting for, without guaranteeing a win to the player who emerges wielding the golden weapon.
Without further ado:
- Bleeding Blade – A legendary sword so sharp, it cuts so deep that the bleed it imparts lasts until the victim heals. Think of it as the worst paper cut ever.
- Triflector – This Trident deals 2 additional points of damage to your opponent every time you are struck, making your opponents think thrice about inflicting damage.
- Nutcracker – This brute takes a long time to charge, but can hit incredibly hard. It can be charged for several seconds to deliver up to 60 points of damage against any opponent unfortunate enough to be caught by its wrath.
- Axetinguisher – While this Fireman’s Axe is equipped you are immune to all wounds. Your wounds are … axetinguished.. immediately!
- Vampire Bat – This weapon sucks, literally! Recover 2 hp each time you strike an opponent by leeching their lifeforce.
- Doppledagger – When equipped, this Bowie Knife allows you to double-jump. It’s like you’re going to outer space, man!
- Infinity Pole – This Yari returns to your hand each time it’s thrown. How? Do you have poles, poles, in different area codes? We’re not sure, but it won’t matter when you’ve got the upperhand on your enemy!
- VomiHawk – This Tomahawk inflicts a sickness wound with every strike. That means not only can you take out your opponent, with the VomiHawk you can take them down with the sickness.
- Previous Destiny 2 Weekly Reset 3 October 2017
- Next Ubisoft Competition To Have Your Fart Included In South Park: The Fractured But Whole