If you’re a fan of bank robbery simulator Payday: The Heist, (and there are many of you) and also enjoy a bit of WW2 gaming action on your Xbox One then you’ll be pleased to hear Starbreeze and Lion Game Lion will be releasing Raid: WW2 for the Xbox One console on October 13th 2017.
The game revolves around the exploits of four prisoners of war who have been freed by “Mrs White, ” a British Intelligence officer who needs you to help her take down Hitler and the Third Reich. You might just get rich at the same time.
Here is what you can expect to see in Raid: WW2
- Class-based Gameplay – Choose from four different classes – Recon, Assault, Insurgent or Demolitions – each with their own highly developed skill tree that allows for various play styles;
- War Cries – Each character class can unleash their own powerful War Cry to buff themselves or the entire team;
- Real-world Locations – Travel through real-world locations across war-torn Europe. From the mighty flak towers dominating the heart of Berlin to the idyllic bridge over the Elbe, players will bring destruction to the Nazis in every corner of Hitler’s Reich.
- Character Customization – RAID’s four heroes represent the main combatants from the European theater of WWII: Great Britain, the USA, Germany and the Soviet Union. Each character possesses a unique look and customizable uniform;
- Lethal Weapon Modifications – RAID: World War II gives players access to an array of precision killing machines complete with upgrades like custom barrels, stocks, fore grips, optic sights and much more to satisfy a variety of tastes;
- Operations Mode – Play through extended versions of your favorite missions with the “Operations” gameplay mode. Operations challenges players through a chained series of highly modified raids, featuring new storylines and added content and objectives;
- Challenge Cards – By participating and completing successful raids, players will earn Challenge Cards that allow them to customize the rules of a raid in a give-and-take fashion. For example, enemy ammo drops will increase, providing players with more ammunition to hold enemies at bay; however, the damage inflicted by enemies will be greater;
Starbreeze and Lion Game Lion set the gameplay bar high with the Payday series, we hope Raid: WW2 can meet expectations.
Do you think Raid will live up to the Payday series? If you could make a bank robbery game, what era would you set it in? Comment below!