For Honor Introduces New Features
Yesterday, the folks over at Ubisoft detailed their plans for the continued support of For Honor, introducing us to a new game mode and several other features.
Here is what’s to come:
- Dedicated Servers – The development team at Ubisoft Montreal is currently working on a dedicated server infrastructure. In conjunction to the dedicated server implementation, enhancing peer-to-peer stability and matchmaking remain priorities for the team.
- Two New Seasons – In August and November, For Honor will receive new season updates, introducing adjustments to the way players fight on the battlefield. Content from each of these seasons includes new heroes, maps, gear variations, gameplay updates and more. All season pass owners will receive early access for the new heroes released during the season. Further details will be revealed at a later date.
- New Game Features – Competitive play with a duel tournament feature and ranked 4v4 matches, as well as a brand-new 4v4 PvP game mode, will be added to For Honor in the coming months.
- New Training Mode – A more robust training option for both new and veteran players to hone their skills before heading to the battlefield.
- Global Balancing Updates – Building on the updates since launch, For Honor will receive more changes aimed at balancing heroes and game modes. Some of these changes will improve elements of the fight system to make attacking more advantageous while putting more pressure on defence. All these changes will be tested via public test environments on PC with the first test starting today.
For more information, you can check out the Ubisoft Blog, where you will find the upcoming roadmap of their plans to support the game in the future. Below is a look at what’s to come when Season three kicks off in August, with Season four following in November.
Do you still play For Honor? What do you think to the upcoming changes and new game modes? We would be happy to hear your thoughts and opinions in the comments below.
If you would like to stay up to date with all the latest Xbox One news, reviews, competitions and information, make sure you like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group or subscribe to our YouTube channel. You can also follow us on Twitter and Twitch.