New DiRT 4 Gameplay Trailer Shows Off Rallycross Content
Codemasters have today released a new gameplay trailer for DiRT 4, with an emphasis on rallycross content and encourages the player to ‘be fearless’.
Taking place on a range of mixed surface circuits, the multi-car rallycross event offers quick fire races of between 4 – 6 laps. Included in this will be a ‘joker’ lap which is said to be longer and more tactical. You’ll have to work your way through the qualifiers if you wish to make it this far, however.
DiRT 4 is absolutely bursting with features and content. Codemasters have stated that we can expect the following:
- OVER 50 OF THE MOST BREATH-TAKING OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Including the Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
- 5 INCREDIBLE RALLY LOCATIONS WITH MILLIONS OF ROUTES – Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales
- THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP – Race at Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a multitude of different series
- LANDRUSH – Short-course dirt track racing in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico
- DiRT ACADEMY – Taking place at the DirtFish Rally School in Washington, USA, learn the skills, techniques and practice to become the best
- JOYRIDE – DirtFish becomes your personal playground for time attack challenges, smash attack challenges and a free roam area
- CAREER MODE – create your driver, compete across the disciplines, gain sponsors and build your team with clear goals and rewards
- COMPETITIVE GAMING – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world
- NEXT GENERATION OF RACENET – Live ladder, tournaments and cross-platform leaderboards
- TUNING – Tweak your set-up based on vehicle, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style
- DAMAGE & REPAIRS – Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with an improved and realistic damage model. Damage can be repaired by hiring Engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages but with a finite amount of time available.
DiRT 4 is scheduled to release on June 9th. Will you be checking it out? Shout out in the comments below and let us know!
Source: Press Release