Titanfall 2: A Glitch in the Frontier – Patch Notes
Today will see the launch of the Glitch in the Frontier expansion for Respawn’s critically title Titanfall 2.
Earlier today they released the patch notes in full so that players can know what to expect from the DLC when it drops. You can see the console specific notes below.
- New Map: Glitch
- New Live Fire Map: Deck
- New Faction: M.R.V.N.
- New Execution: Get to the Point [Pulse Blade]: Unlocks after getting 10 Pilot kills with the Pulse Blade. If you have already achieved the 10 kills it will unlock retroactively
New Featured Modes [we’ll be introducing these at different times in the near future]
- Glitch 24/7:Get a feel for the new map by playing a variety of modes on just the Glitch map
- Marked for Death:6v6. One member of each team is Marked as targets and both teams must defend their target while trying to kill the other team’s target. Once one of the marked players are killed, the surviving Mark’s team is rewarded a point. After a few seconds, new Marks are chosen. First team to 10 kills wins.
- Titan Brawl:Think of this as Team Deathmatch with just Titans. 5v5 mode with Titans only [no ejecting] and respawning. Each kill counts for 1 point and first team to 30 points wins.
- Iron Last Titan Standing:It’s the Last Titan Standing you know and love with a few new rules. 5v5 with no ejecting and no batteries.
- Main Menu Update: We dressed things up a bit with new background videos, updates, and tiles with rad stuff we think you should check out
- Increase Pilot Gen to 100
- Added Live Fire mode to Private Match options
- You can now choose between regular, Prime, or random for executions for Titans if you own the Prime Titan
MATCHMAKING AND NETWORK IMPROVEMENTS
- Game will now emit a sound when it is going to connect you to a match. Our PC brethren will want to make sure to set Settings > Audio > Sound In Background to On to hear game sounds when the game is not focused. This is for all audio, including the matchmade sound
- Fixes to address parties occasionally getting split up
- Players that join late to a party making it too large for the current playlist will now cancel matchmaking
- Fixed issue where you could not invite friends after starting a private match
- The game will now remember Multiplayer as last played in Main Menu – no more accidentally selecting Single Player!
- Removed sun flare for maps Colony, Exoplanet, Forwardbase Kodai
- Gates, the 6/4 Faction Leader, now uses the campaign model
General – Titan Melee – Reduced area of effect for all Titans expect Ronin
Ronin – Fixed a bug with Sword Block not always blocking the intended amount of incoming damage
Ion – Small reduction in Laser Shot’s cone angle
- Arc Grenades now have only 1 charge
- Arc Grenades recharge faster
- Holopilots can now walk through the Amped Wall
- Holopilots can now crouch walk
- Made crosshair smaller so if you have a bead on an enemy you’ll more likely to deal high damage
- Projectile width will increase quicker to improve consistency of damage in close quarters
- Now need to be closer to deal max damage
- Slightly Increased spread to compensate
- Reduced the near and very far damage of the Amped Devotion
- Small increase to its base damage
- Reduced missile tracking speed. It will still continue to track targets, but not to the extreme amount it has been since the last patch
- Crosshair dots no longer turn off when firing all assault rifles and SMGs
- Fixed issue with the R101 where the reticle would disappear while cloaked
GAME MODE ADJUSTMENTS:
- Added a 1st Half/2nd Half indicators to HUD for CTF
- Fixed issue in CTF where the flag was unreturnable after being dropped by an enemy
- Fixed a bug in CTF where the flag could be returned by dead players
- Dropped flags will now drop more reliably in areas with low ceiling clearance
- Hooked up the missing LTS VO line letting you know you’re the Last Titan Standing
- Fixed an issue where players would see a black screen while waiting for players to connect. It now says “jumping to location” like other modes
- Updated the player status HUD elements
MISC BUG FIXES
- Fixed issue with tracking rockets missing the dropship
- Fix for Scorch Nitro nose art:
- Scorch and Scorch Prime now have different nose art for the “Firebrand”
- Scorch Prime will keep the same “Demons” nose art
- Scorch now uses a slightly modified pre-order version of “Firebrand” that will also contain the “Demon” art
- Fixed issue where the Blacksite Scorch Warpaint would not appear in first person
- Fixed issue where Legion would spin and face opposite direction when performing his execution as an Auto Titan
- Fixed a bug where ejecting during Legion’s Power Shot could leave you unable to melee
- Fixes to 3rd person animation for some Titans
- Fixed bug where a Pilot could not execute an enemy if their movement speed was reduced
- Fixed a bug where a Pilot rodeoing a Titan wouldn’t see it’s health bar as Doomed
Are you happy with the patch notes? Or perhaps there is another buff or nerf you were hoping to see? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
- Previous Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy – Episode 1 Review
- Next 20 Best Xbox One Games For Under £20