Today, Major Nelson has announced some new features for the general public; something that Xbox Insider Preview members have had for a month, and begins rolling out today. These features are fan-inspired, meaning they’ve listened to what the community have said and taken action upon.
Below is a list of features that you’ll soon start to see:
Profile and Activity Feed
- New ‘join broadcast’ button in your profile
- Ability to hide individual posts on your Activity feed
- Pin posts to the top of your activity feed
- Filter posts by friends, games or Clubs.
Clubs and Looking for Group (LFG)
- When you create an LFG post, as the owner you will be able to see new vetting cards that include hero stats from gamers interested in joining your party. Hero stats are contextual to the game you’re playing, showing you relevant stats like kill/death ratio, rank, or score.
- Search LFG posts from the Achievements tab
- Increased number of open LFG posts to the Game Hub and Club Hub headers
- See previous posts that you’ve created, participated or shown interest in and copy them to create new posts
- When creating an LFG post, you will now be able to see all the recent tags you’ve used and select them with ease
- Club owners and admins will be easily identifiable and labelled in their text posts
- Club owners and admins can now pin a post at the top of their Club feed
My Games and Apps, and Settings
- Filter your game library by platform – Either Xbox One, Xbox 360 or All
Major Nelson has also pointed out that they haven’t forgotten about the Arena and tournaments, specifically the World of Tanks tournament they have planned.
For more details, check out Major Nelson’s blog.
What do you think of these updates? Have you already had access to these updates due to being an Insider? Let us know your thoughts and opinions in the comments below.
If you would like to stay up to date with all the latest Xbox One news, reviews, competitions and information, make sure you like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group or subscribe to our YouTube channel. You can also follow us on Twitter and Twitch.