Gears of War 4 Celebrates Valentines Day
Are you the romantic? Do you devote yourself completely to your loved one come 14th February? If not, then you could ask yourself: “Who needs love…when you can shoot people in the face!”
Yesterday, we saw that Gears of War 4 has released a new update to celebrate cupid, but not only are they releasing specially-themed packs but a bunch of new content…absolutely free!
First up, is the Valentines Event – which officially kicks off on Friday; providing you with limited-time Valentines themed bounties, new gear packs and even another craftable character for you to add to your collection.
Torque Bow Tag makes a triumphant return; a much-requested game mode from Gears of War 3, where every pickup is the infamous Torque Bow.
As of yesterday, you can venture into one of the two new maps Impact Dark and War Machine, albeit rehashed maps, but still refreshing enough to be classed as ‘new’.
- War Machine is a re-imagining of the original Gears of War classic multiplayer map of the same name. But instead of it being set in an old abandoned train station, it is now part of the COG settlement, but don’t let that deter you away from this map as the race to the sniper can still be had!
- Impact Dark is a rehash of Impact from, well, Gears of War 4, but feels and plays like a completely new map. They’ve turned the map into a night-time setting complete with smoke occupying the whole map, making it difficult to see so you must have your wits about you – A Gears of War first!
That’s not all folks, no, they’ve made some changes to the Guardian mode, as requested by fans. Instead of the original spawn-swap system, they have changed it slightly so you now spawn closest to your leader, which will completely change the way this game mode is played. It’s in the Developer playlist if you would like to try it out, so thankfully, the original playlist is untouched.
The Coalition have also outlined it’s plans for future updates to include:
- ‘Inconceivable’ Difficulty for Campaign and Horde
- IronMan mode for Campaign and Horde
- Level 6 skills for all class skills
- More skills for existing classes
- New achievmenets
If you would like to check out the full notes for this update, you can do so by visiting the official forums.
What do you think to the new update? Will you be staying at home with your loved ones or slaying at home wishing you had a loved one? We’d be happy to hear your thoughts and opinions in the comments below.
If you would like to stay up to date with all the latest Xbox One news, reviews, competitions and information, make sure you like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group or subscribe to our YouTube channel. You can also follow us on Twitter and Twitch.