Titanfall 2 Server Update Coming This Monday
Titanfall 2 is a title that is doing exceedingly well for itself. There were fears from many that given it’s release date at near enough exactly the same time as Battlefield 1 it would falter and fail to live up to its expectations.
However, its single player campaign, free DLC and regular updates have ensured those fears didn’t become a reality. To further reinforce that point there’s another server update coming this Monday, 23rd January.
The update is set to address a number of issues, details of which can be seen below:
- New logging to report player connection quality to help us track down reports of laggy games and disconnects.
- Drastically reduced requirements for Match Loss Protection – Increased chance of not receiving a match loss for joining a game late that we do not expect you to win. When joining matches late if the game has progressed far enough you will see a message notifying you that you will not receive a loss.
- Increased direct Pilot hit damage for Gravity Star.
- Increased damage on the Flatline, R-97, Spitfire, L-Star, Double Take, EPG, and Thunderbolt.
- Decreased damage on the Volt.
- Regen no longer resets Pilot loadout names.
- Assists count as Weapon XP again.
- Nerfed Pilot Sentry.
- Firestar will no longer display “Thermite Attached” if detonated on friendly Titans.
- Fixed Ion Vortex Shield drain being framerate dependent.
- Fixed bad AI navigation on Complex.
- Fixed collision on Crashsite to prevent players from going into walls.
- Fixed Legion Overcore not being available after using Smart Core.
- Fixed “Fairfight category is incompatible”.
- Fixed various stability issues.
As you can see this patch addresses a number of known issues. It’ll also please Titanfall fans to know that this is considered a small server update and that a much larger patch is being worked on to coincide with the release of the next DLC.
Does this update address an ongoing issue you’ve been experiencing? Or perhaps there’s a problem that has been hindering your play that hasn’t been addressed here? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
- Previous UPDATED: Complete Backwards Compatibility List
- Next Psyonix Reveal Rocket League Season 3 Rewards & Changes Made for Season 4