Microsoft Reflects on a “Milestone” 2016 for Xbox
Most people tend to agree that 2016 sucked. Too many celebrities deaths and divisive politics dampened a lot of spirits. Luckily, the Xbox team are keeping a positive outlook.
Mike Nichols, VP of Marketing for Xbox, penned a reflective post on Xbox Wire about the year 2016 and its significance for the green brand. With nearly 400 new games coming out last year alone, there’s certainly a lot to reflect on! Highlights include:
- Forza Horizon 3 became both the best-selling and highest rated racing game of 2016, and was the biggest launch for a Forza game to date. It’s only a couple of the reasons why Forza Horizon 3 was named Game of the Year by our community.
- The Play Anywhere program launched, which allowed players to enjoy selected games like ReCore or Killer Instinct on both their Xbox One and their Windows 10 supported PC for no additional cost. Great news if you want to be distracted by Gears of War 4 in your study AND living room.
- Xbox One owners logged a total of over 265 million hours playing Xbox 360 games via backwards compatibility. Hopefully, we’ll get some more triple-A titles in the coming year so we can break that record!
- And finally, the Xbox One S launched, offering HDR support for a bunch of games, 4K Blu-ray support and 4K video streaming. In unrelated news, can someone buy me a 4K TV?
The post closes with a look towards the future, with plenty of exciting games on the horizon, and a whole new console to play them on in the form of the Project Scorpio. What did you make of the last year for Xbox? Let us know in the comments below!
Source: Xbox Wire
Don’t forget to check out all our social media platforms to stay up to date with the latest releases, news, reviews gameplays and competitions. Follow us on Twitter, join our Facebook group and like our Facebook Page, subscribe to our Youtube and follow us on Twitch.
- Previous Terry Crews Wants To Be A Hero In Overwatch
- Next Candleman Gives Players 10 Seconds of Light Per Level