Massive Battleborn Update Incoming
Newcomers and veterans can expect some treats
The story of Battleborn is quite an usual one, it’s a game where nothing is bad about it at all but for some reason fails to connect to a vast majority of gamers. Maybe it was the release date being close to Overwatch, maybe it’s a genre that isn’t as big as first thought; no one is quite sure why but there is a silver lining. Gearbox have decided to release a humongous update that all players will enjoy regardless if they’re new to the field or a seasoned veteran – you know it’s a good one if producer Chris Brock says this:
“I’ve been at Gearbox for 10 years and this is the craziest update we’ve ever done!”
So what exactly are we getting in this update, let’s break it down into sections that show what the new players will get and how the veterans will be rewarded.
Being new to a game can sometimes be overwhelming, good news here though as there’s plenty of help via the update. Check out the new features listed:
- All 25 Core Characters Unlocked! 25 badass playable characters, no waiting! You’re eager to find your favorite, so get to it! With this update, the core 25 characters will be unlocked for all players after completing the Prologue.
- Character unlock challenges! These challenges now award a brand new skin upon completion! Several challenges have also been adjusted to be more attainable.
- Story Mode Missions! More guides and tools have been added to lead your through various areas of the game. The Credit rewards have also been boosted to help you get an early edge on loot packs
- Incursion Tutorial: Build up your PVP skills and learn the key elements of competitive play in Battleborn. Your first play-through is solo, but this practice mode can be repeated with groups of up to three players.
- Dojo Training! Take each and every Battleborn hero for a test drive! Learn how to slice, dice, blast, smash, and rocket your way through waves of minions.
Gearbox hasn’t left out the loyal fans and players in this update, after feedback from all of you they have decided to update these features:
- User Interface Changes! Battleborn’s user interface gets a major facelift. Cleaner, more vibrant, and much easier to find the information you need most. You’ll see UI changes throughout Battleborn, from the starting screen, to the Command center, character select and even some menu changes.
- Draft Mode! This is one of the most exciting new additions! In Draft Mode, teams and players take turns picking and banning characters trying to find the perfect match-ups and counters for what the other team is choosing.
- Introducing Daily Quests! The action doesn’t end when you take down Rendain. Make sure you check daily for new objectives and rewards across both Story Mode and Competitive Multiplayer Mode.
- Command Rank and Character Rank Increase! Keep on growing your Command and Character ranks! The cap has been pushed up to 150 for Command Rank and Rank 20 for each character, with all-new rewards also available.
- Updated In-game Economy! A complete overhaul of the Credits system and how Loot Packs are made available, particularly in Competitive Multiplayer matches, has been undertaken. Credits will now accumulate faster in public PVP matches, making it easier to grab more Loot Packs from the Marketplace. But not for leavers – they are out of luck and will not receive any rewards. You see, nobody likes a quitter.
- Loot Packs! All loot pack variations will still drop in Story Mode missions, but only one type of loot pack will be available in the Marketplace: The Core Pack. The Core Pack has better odds for higher rarity gear and has a chance to drop any skin or taunt previously available in Faction packs.
- Boosts! A bigger variety of Boosts will become available for Platinum in the marketplace.
It sounds like Gearbox have certainly given Battleborn a new lease of life in all areas, it’s a refreshing change to see both old and new players getting such generous rewards – a tip of the hat is well deserved. So do all these changes tempt you to get this shooter title, is it teasing the money straight out of your pocket? Also do you feel these updates give a fresh new feel to the players that have invested hours of game time, do you as a veteran feel rewarded? Why not let us know your thoughts in the comments, we would love to hear them.
Credit, source and thanks to Battleborn.com
- Previous SoulCalibur- 20th Anniversary Trailer
- Next Three More Games Available On Backwards Compatibility