Mojang Offer Up A Sneak Peek Of December’s Update
Minecraft continues to be a title that continues to loved by young and old fans alike. The main reason for this, aside from the obvious limitless creative options the game affords, is because the developers never let the title become forgotten or fall by the wayside.
Updates are released at least a couple of times a year. Over the last year or so consoles in particular have been afforded some updates that have often been reserved for PC users. Mojang’s end goal being to bring the console version in line with, or as close as possible to, it’s PC brethren.
As such Mojang have today announced some, not all, of the features that console gamers can expect to see this December.
We’ve prepared a rather spectacular seasonal gift for Console Edition. As is traditional, you’ll have to wait until late December to open up the full package, but we’re happy to give you a teeny preview today – the digital equivalent of letting you sneak downstairs and give your gift-wrapped goodies a little inquisitive shake.
That’s if you can even lift the box – this is the biggest update we’ve put out this year! There are new mobs, blocks, items, status effects and all manner of other tweaks. Here are a few of the things you might hear rattling round inside:
- Elytra! Soar through The End on your freshly-minted insectoid glider, or, if you’d rather practice first, why not put your aerobatic skills to the test by generating a world with the new Amplified Terrain option?
- End Cities, replete with End Ships, Chorus Plants, Chorus Flowers and Purpur blocks. Not all is as it seems, however – some blocks may conceal Shulkers, limpet-like enemies who fire homing rockets. Take a hit and you’ll take damage and experience something new, too: levitation! Elytra are essential to avoid an uncomfortable landing!
- You can now use Dragon’s Breath to create Lingering Potions – throwable potions that leave a bubbling slick behind, ideal for ensnaring unwary pursuers.
There’s quite a few other stocking-fillers in there, too – but you’ll just have to wait for the free update to launch to unwrap its other mysteries!
With the above being just a small selection of what players can expect from the December update it’s shaping up to be something quite special!
What are you hoping to see from the December update? Are there any of the already announce features that have you particularly excited? Let us know in the comments below!
- Previous GTA Online: New Adversary Mode, Vehicle & Thanksgiving Specials
- Next Conan Exile Early Access Release On Xbox One