Massive Reveals Tom Clancy’s The Division: Survival DLC
Ever since the overhaul of update 1.4 to The Division, agents are picking their guns up and fighting for New York City once again. Now, Massive had a “Special Report” stream to show off the next installment known as Survival. Survival in a whole is a 24-man survival test where you use the entire open world map as a ground to extract some antiviral samples for the Green Poison. Here are some of the in depth details we know so far:
- Survival uses the current map of New York City with Blizzard like conditions – a la Destiny: Rise of Iron.
- There is an option of PvE or PvP where players can attack each other or not. Even in PvE it’s still a competition since resources will be limited.
- Players will start with none of their items except green basic gear and a pistol.
- Players will be sick as well. You must survive the cold, thirst, hunger, and your own illness.
- The cold can be fought using hideouts and the vanity clothing items that prevent you from dying. Also, fires can be started for warmth.
- Food must be consumed to prevent hunger which affects health regen. Thirst as well which can affect your vision.
- The illness can be held off through medkits and medical supplies but won’t be cured until you extract. This is not the same Green Poison from the campaign.
- Average rounds take approximately 2 hours to complete.
This is also on the heels of update 1.5 as well. There will be new gear as well to earn such as named weapons and gear sets. It’s a bit of a bummer to think of all the gear players are earning though in 1.4 won’t be used in Survival but it does create an equal playing field.
Let us know what you think of Survival in the comments below!
- Previous Destiny: Wrath of the Machine Aksis Challenge Mode Detailed
- Next Two More Titles Now Available On Backwards Compatibility