Arks next patch is out now – v741.0 – bringing with it new items, various fixes and 2 new dinos. However, the long-awaited ‘Redwood Update’ for the center map still isn’t out. This is possibly down to the issues The Center map has been experiencing on PC, with high memory usage causing problems since its most recent patch. At this time Studio Wildchaven’tvent been able to fix these issues completely so probably don’t want to include a buggy update for Xbox Owners. (Isn’t the whole game buggy, though?)
So what are we getting? With the update comes two new tamable flyers: Tapejara and Archaeopteryx and a single new item in the form of night vision goggles (see the below video). These are high-end items so they will come with a high-end cost.
*As an ark player myself I’m a little bemused by the need for this night vision goggles at the moment, as fiddling with your gamma already allows you to see in the dark! This may be a hint that the Developers are soon to fix the ‘gamma glitch’, which will once again make torches a necessity.
Here are the full patch notes for this new update:
- 30 percent to 40 percent rendering performance improvement of Structures
- 15 percent overall rendering performance improvement by moving all Render Targets to fast EDRAM
- Significantly improved rendering performance of Scorched Earth environment
- Fixed some crashes with the Game List UI
- Fixed dynamically installation of Scorched Earth DLC (so that you don’t have to restart the game application after installing it)
- Fixed Giganotosaurus damage type issue
- New Item: Night Vision Goggles
- New Dino: Tapejara!
- New Dino: Archaeopteryx!