Ark: Survival Evolved To Get A Resolution Boost
It is no secret that Ark for the Xbox has always suffered with performance and a low resolution.
The update which is anticipated for release on Thursday September 1st will bring with it a full 720p 3D rendering and 1080p UI performance boost, this will hopefully make the game a little easier on the eyes.
I'm happy to say this week's Xbox update includes full 720p 3D rendering, & 1080p UI! Thursday gonna be crazy, sleep'll be but a memory 😀
— Jeremy Stieglitz (@arkjeremy) August 29, 2016
In other words, the game world and all the creatures will render at 1280×720 while the user interface will be at 1920×1080.
The 729 update will bring all of the current content from the PC and all smaller patches. All content will be made up to date with the PC content with the exception of the end of world content added to the centre, this is scheduled for release on console in mid September.
The big addition with the Xbox One 729 update is PrimitivePlus. Primitive Plus changes the game experience by completely removing the existing metal tier in the game and greatly expanding the number of items that can be harvested and crafted, such as Adobe-style buildings, floating bridges, honey from bees, fishing traps, and more.
PrimitivePlus also intentionally fosters a cooperative element between tribes by adding more than 40 different resources plus another 10 crops. This is too much for any one tribe to accomplish on their own so players can also build market stalls for trading with others.
Here is a brief list of what to expect in the update:
- Redwood Biome to Center with Boss arena
- New Official Total Conversion: Primitive+
- New Creature: Pelagornis!
- New Creature: Allosaurus!
- New Item: Fishing Rod + Fishing Mechanic!
- New Structure: Industrial Grinder
- New Structure: Spiral Staircase
- New Mechanic: Optional Hitmarkers for ranged attacks
- Building Attack/Destruction TribeLogs
- UI Option to colorize item name texts based on quality level
- Offline Raid Protection mode now disables PIN Locking, and Structures in Caves no longer get ORP
- The Gateway, Cross-ARK travel & Cross-Official-Server Transfer
- New Dino: Tapejara!
- New Dino: Archaeopteryx!
- New Structure: Large Ceiling Dino Doors
- New servers will be made available for PrimitivePlus
- Previous New Minecraft Mini Game Now Available
- Next Last chance to pick up these Games with Gold titles | 31 August