Titanfall 2 Tech-Test Patch Notes
It appears that Respawn Entertainment is being very proactive in patching and creating the best experience possible for Titanfall 2. On the Titanfall official forum, Respawn has posted some patch notes for this weekend’s Tech Test. The full details are listed below:
TIME TO KILL
- Amped Weapons Boost now unlocks at 80% of the earn meter instead of 50%.
- Charge Rifles now have damage falloff at cross map distances.
- Slightly increased cloak visibility for other Pilots.
We think the abundance of Amped Weapons is a large contributor to lower time to kill. We’re still adjusting individual weapon balance for ship.
- Increased max wall-running speed.
- Increased base wall-running speed and air speed.
- Increased acceleration while jumping off walls.
- Titans dashes recharge 2 seconds faster.
Training is unaffected by these changes, ensuring Gauntlet records will remain valid.
- Pilots now earn a small amount of Titan meter every 5 seconds.
This value may be undertuned until we can take a pass at how much meter you earn from objectives.
- Score Limit lowered to 5000 from 6000 to increase the amount of games won by score instead of time.
- Banking phases now last 45 seconds instead of a minute.
We wanted to note and apologize for “Invite Friends” still being broken in this build. We needed to get the patch to certification quickly to ensure gameplay changes could make it in for this weekend, so we couldn’t get to this in time.
Also it looks like Respawn is giving fans a rewarding “happy hour” experience known as the Amped Happy Hour. Respawn had this to say about this event:
Lastly we will be offering players the chance to receive this callsign for launch when you play the Amped Happy Hour event this Saturday. All you need to do is play between the hours of 9-10am PT/5-6pm GMT or 4-5pm PT Saturday/12-1am GMT Sunday and you’ll get this exclusive callsign when Titanfall 2 releases on October 28.
Here is the sweet callsign you can earn by participating in the happy hour:
I have to get my hands on this callsign now. What do you think? Are you enjoying Titanfall 2’s tech test weekends? Let us know in the comment section below!