Pro Evolution Soccer developer Konami has taken a big step towards becoming a dominant force in the world of football. Konami has signed a deal with FC Barcelona and will have extensive access to their stars, which includes players like Lionel Messi, Neymar, and Luis Suarez.
Likewise Barcelona legends and historical kits will be available within the game and through PES 2017’s myClub mode on Xbox One.
Barcelona football players have been captured using advanced facial scanning technology which you can see an example of below:
The three year deal between Pro Evolution Soccer and FC Barcelona also gives Konami the exclusive rights to the world famous Camp Nou stadium.
Here’s what the partnership between FC Barcelona and PES 2017 means for fans:
- Exclusive rights to recreate FC Barcelona’s Camp Nou stadium.
- The club’s famed offensive, playing style will be fully implemented, as will the club anthem ‘Himno’.
- In-game versions of FC Barcelona’s historical kits.
- Special promotions in myClub mode that will allow you to add FC Barcelona stars such as Lionel Messi, Neymar Jr and Luis Suarez to your squads.
- FC Barcelona Legends available in myClub.
Konami’s president Tomotada Tashiro is proud of this partnership by saying:
“By working closely with a team of Barcelona’s stature we can introduce the PES series to a huge global fan base. This partnership will deliver access to the very best players in the modern game and to one of the world’s most respected and ambitious clubs. The PES series is famed for its realism and control, so the fit between such a skilled team and a game that celebrates such ability is perfect.”
PES 2017 will release on Xbox One on September 15, 2016 in Europe and September 13, 2016 in North America.
Which football game do you prefer? Are you impressed with the in game models of PES 2017 will be able to create for FC Barcelona players? Let us know in the comment section below!