BioShock: The Collection Officially Announced With Trailer
It’s been rumoured for months but we can now officially confirm that BioShock, BioShock 2 and BioShock Infinite will all be remastered for Xbox One for a 16th of September 2016 release date.
The hype train really started rolling yesterday evening when 2K Games twitter account tweeted out a new official twitter account for the BioShock franchise.
— 2K (@2K) June 29, 2016
The tweet they linked off to a classic image of a Big Daddy and a Little Sister roaming the halls of Rapture. This, naturally, sent fans into a whirlwind of excitement but it wasn’t until today that an official announcement, as well as some dandy screenshots and a trailer, was released.
So it’s official, nine years after the inaugural game 2K are once more asking would you kindly come down to the depths of Rapture to explore a city made for working men in a graphical detail that was never before possible on the older consoles. The titles will be coming with all of their associated DLC and will be available for $59.99 ( No word on a British price yet).
But what exactly will you be getting for your money?
- The video series “Directors Commentary: Imagining Bioshock,” which features Ken Levine, the creative director of BioShock and BioShock Infinite as well as Shawn Robertson, the animation lead on BioShock and BioShock Infinite.
- Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Walk through a Rapture-inspired virtual museum that gives a behind-the-scenes look at discarded concepts that never quite made the final cut.
- Challenge Rooms: Outside the canonical story of BioShock, tackle puzzles, splicers and Big Daddies whilst earning achievements.
- Minerva’s Den: A self-contained BioShock story, presenting a side of Rapture you’ve never seen before. Use expanded combat abilities with the experimental Ion Laser and chaotic Gravity Well Plasmid, unique to Minerva’s Den, as you face off against the Lancer Big Daddy.
- Protector Trials: Take control of an Alpha Series Big Daddy woken out of hibernation just before the events of BioShock 2.
- Burial at Sea – Episode 1 & 2 Add-On Packs: This major two-part DLC pack completes the BioShock trilogy by taking the series back to where it all began. Return to Rapture just before the events of the originalBioShock!
- Clash in the Clouds Add-On Pack: Face 60 waves of challenges across four additional maps for leaderboard glory and unlock areas to explore in The Columbian Archaeological Society hub museum.
- Columbia’s Finest Pack: Combines the contents of the Industrial Revolution Pack and the Upgrade Pack and includes 500 Silver Eagles, five Lock Picks, six unique Gear items, and two weapon upgrades: Comstock’s China Broom Shotgun and Comstock’s Eagle Eye Sniper Rifle
There’s a lot of content there and soon you’ll be able to have it all to yourself in glorious current-gen graphics! The only thing you won’t be able to indulge in is the BioShock 2 multiplayer, but everything else will be there in full!
Are you excited to sink below the waves and explore Rapture once more before ascending to Columbia? Or will it be your first time making your way through the BioShock franchise? Either way, leave a comment!
- Previous The 5 Most Psychotic Psychopaths in Dead Rising
- Next Xbox Co-Creator Hopes For PS4 Cross-Play