So yesterday MajorNelson announced there will be a new preview update and here it is,
If you’re unsure how to get it… Here is how
• If your console is in Instant-On mode, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
• NOTE: Once the update is available, you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.
• If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 8/6/2016, you will be prompted to do so at that time.
OS version released: th2_xb_rel_1606.160603-1924
Available: 1:00AM GMT 7/6
Xbox has noted below a few important things be aware of before you jump in.
- Certain content (games, apps, DLC) purchased in the new Store may only be available on consoles enrolled in the latest Preview update. This means…
- Games purchased on a console running the latest Preview update can only be played on that console or other consoles running the latest Preview update.
- Games purchased via Xbox.com can be played on any console.
- Games purchased on a console running the previous update can be played on any console.
- They have added several settings that are already found on Windows today. These include SmartScreen Filter, which sends URLs you visit in apps to Microsoft to check against a list of potentially harmful sites, and advertising ID, which helps Microsoft present you with more personalized ads in Universal Windows Apps. You can choose to turn these off and manage your preferences for how Xbox One uses your information in Settings.
NEW EXPERIENCES AND FEATURES
The latest Xbox One update is here! This update brings a host of new experiences and features to Xbox One, a number of which are a result of feedback from xbox.uservoice.com. Please read on for some of the exciting changes to expect in this update!
Cortana is coming to Xbox One this summer and making a splash! You can enable Cortana by navigating to Settings > System > Cortana. Once enabled, just say “Hey Cortana” to get started. Cortana supports natural language and interprets requests and carries out commands. In addition, Cortana can tell jokes, recommend movies, search the web, and more!
Here are a few of the things Cortana can do:
- Cortana supports natural language instead of the use of specific phrases or commands. Just say “Hey Cortana” and ask her a question or give her a command!
- Use Cortana and voice commands from your headset; no Kinect needed!
- Kinect owners can ask Cortana about things like time, weather, and sports scores. For example:
- “Hey Cortana, what time is it”?
- “Hey Cortana, will I need a jacket today?
- “Hey Cortana, did the Golden State Warriors win yesterday?”
My Games & Apps
My Games & Apps has received a significant overhaul. You’ll now find My Games & Apps on the home screen in the upper right corner next to the game or app in use.
Here are a few of the new features in My Games & Apps:
- Vew detailed information about games and apps being downloaded in the Queue.
- You’ll notice several sort options at the top of Games, Apps, and Ready to Install. You can use these to sort, filter, and increase or decrease the size of tiles.
You can now customize what is shared in the Activity Feed by navigating to Settings > Preferences > Activity Feed.
The Xbox Store has been redesigned! You’ll now find more detailed information about games, apps, movies, TV shows, and more in the new Store.
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES
- After downloading an app update, the app and all associated content pins will become unpinned from the dashboard. This only occurs once for each app after downloading the latest Xbox One update.
- Pinning content from within apps (TV shows, etc.) is no longer supported.
- If Cortana doesn’t hear you the first time, you can usually try saying the phrase again.
- In some cases Cortana won’t recognize the name of a game or app. This is an issue we’re working to address, so please use Report a problem if you encounter it.
- If Cortana says she didn’t hear you right after you say “Hey Cortana”, navigate to Settings > Account > Privacy > App > Speech > Collect Info (accept)” and toggle the setting On/Off.
- When Cortana is “Thinking…” sometimes the sounds continue longer than intended. You can open Cortana from Guide or My Games & Apps and then close it again by hitting B button.
- On the first use of “Hey Cortana” after a reboot or crash, Cortana snaps but may display no results.
- You may be unable to use See-It-Say-It in various apps such as Netflix, YouTube, and the Blu-Ray Player app.
- EA Access
- Game trials offered as part of an EA Access subscription may fail to install or launch.
- EA Access vault games may fail install or launch.
- Payments and Billing
- At this time it’s not possible to add, edit, or remove payment options on the console. Please use Xbox.com or another console not enrolled in the latest Xbox One update to manage payment options.
- At this time it’s not possible to change your Gamertag on the console. Please use Xbox.com or another console not enrolled in the latest Xbox One update to change your Gamertag.
- Xbox Universal Store
- Certain types of consumable DLC (coins, points, currencies, etc.) may fail to appear in-game after being purchased from the Store. This affects multiple titles including Overwatch. Restarting the game may resolve this issue.
- When initiating a game installation from a Store page, the game displays “Ready to launch” even while it is still installing.
- At this time it’s not possible to redeem a 5×5 code for Xbox Live Gold on the console. Please use Xbox.com or another console not enrolled in the latest Xbox One update to redeem a 5×5 code for Xbox Live Gold.
- You may be unable to buy, rent, or play certain movies or TV shows from the Store (the purchase button may not appear on the Store page). Please buy or rent movies and TV shows from another Windows 10 device and use the Movies & TV app to view them on Xbox One.
- The Store may fail to filter game and app results when using Search.
- Play-To may fail to initiate with an error indicating “Sorry, we can’t take you there.”
- My Games & Apps
- You may encounter an error when attempting to load Ready to Install if you have a large digital library.
- Games and apps may occasionally fail to launch due to a “Something went wrong” or “Took too long to start” error. In most cases, this can be resolved by simply closing and relaunching the game or app.
- Certain titles may not display in the correct language for your console when installed via My games & apps.
- Playing Games
- You may be unable to purchase content or currencies from the in-game interface with certain games.
Leave us a comment and let us know what you think of the new preview update