The world needs heroes we know this already but since the release of Overwatch more than 7 million players have fought for the future and logging more than 119 million hours combined has made it one of the most successful global game launches of all time and of course Blizzard are just getting the battle started.
We would like to take this moment and say congratulations on such a successful release.
Some of you might have been busy the past few months but you ask What is Overwatch?
Overwatch takes place on earth in the near future, where teams of soldiers, scientists, adventurers, and oddities clash for control of key locations around the world.
The game also features a diverse cast of 21 unique heroes—including Reinhardt, the noble knight from a bygone era; Zenyatta, the robotic monk in search of enlightenment; and Symmetra
Overwatch features a variety of game modes for shooter veterans and players new to the genre:
– Quick Play automatically matches players with allies and opponents of a similar skill level—a quick and easy way to jump into the fight.
– Play Vs. AI mode pits a team of human players against computer-controlled opponents, with multiple difficulty settings to choose from.
– Custom Games allow teams of friends to tweak the game’s rules, including damage and healing modifiers and which heroes and maps are in play.
– Weekly Brawl! offers up an unexpected challenge every week, like “Justice Rains from Above” (an aerial extravaganza starring rocket-powered Pharah and Mercy, the high-flying healer) and the intense “Arcade” brawl, which features more health, faster cooldowns, and quick respawns.
– Training modes include a Tutorial that teaches players the ropes, a Practice Range where people can try their hand at heroes in a zero-pressure environment, and a Practice vs. AI mode where heroes can further hone their skills.
As players compete in matches—win or lose—they’ll level up and earn Loot Boxes, each containing a combination of four items players can use to customize their heroes, including in-game credits and cosmetic goodies including skins, sprays, voice lines, and new animations.
So the question is are you one of the 7 Million players or have we just made you want to Buy the game?
Don’t forget to check out all our social media platforms to stay up to date with the latest releases, news, reviews gameplays and competitions. Follow us on Twitter, join our Facebook group and like our Facebook Page,