Rainbow Six Siege – Dust Line – Launches This Week
This week (May 11th to be precise) sees the launch of the next free update for Rainbow Six Siege.
The update will see the introduction, of not only two new US Navy SEAL operatives but also new map, The Border, as well as gameplay improvements.
For full details of the update, see the press release below:
London, UK – May 9, 2016 – Today, Ubisoft® announced that Operation Dust Line, the free update for Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege, will be available on May 11 on Xbox One, the Playstation®4 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC. Continuing the commitment to provide new post-launch content for the game, this second major update introduces two new Operators, a new map, improvements to gameplay, and more.
Two New US Navy SEAL Operators & The Border Map
In Operation Dust Line, two US Navy SEAL operators have been called to assist Team Rainbow to secure the Border, the new free map introducing a mix of old and new construction with open air pathways – making it the most destructible and open map to date:
- Valkyrie : Equipped with the “Black Eye” Gyro Cam Mk2, a quick deployment sticky camera that gives her team a new eye in the sky.
- Blackbeard : Carries the TARS Mk 0, Transparent Armored Rifle Shield with him to battle, increasing his mobile protection without diminishing his field of vision.
Improved Gameplay Experience
The development team is committed to continuing to improve the gameplay experience, through both new gameplay content as well as balancing operators, enhancing player comfort and improving net code.
- Loadout Customisation between rounds: Players can now customise their Operator’s loadout between each round, by simply selecting an operator and going to their loadout to select a weapon, attachments and headgear. This will allow for additional tactical choices between rounds.
- Operator reworks: I.Q.’s unique gadget now has enhanced visual feedback, Montagne’s shield now adds side protection, and Tachanka’s LMG is now easier to place and use. Additional Operator, weapon and secondary gadget tweaks have also been made.
- Introduction of gadget placement cancellation controls: By turning this feature ON in the Options menu, players can now cancel the placement of a gadget at any time. This feature will not only allow players to be more reactive, but will also allow for another layer of gameplay and tactics.
- Winning Team Showcase : After the final round, the winning team’s Operators will be displayed to both the winning and losing teams, and an MVP for the match will be crowned for the ultimate bragging rights.
Season Pass holders will instantly receive the new Navy SEAL Operators and non-Season Pass owners will be able to unlock them using earned Renown currency or R6 Credits starting on May 18.
With the update including an additional map which the developers claim is the “most destructible” yet, along with some integral (as well as some familiar) updates to the gameplay this update only stands to improve the overall experience for all Rainbow Six Siege players.
With the update due this week which part are you most interested by? Are you eager to get to grips with the new operators? Or do you want to find all the key breaching points and tactically advantageous areas in the new map? Let us know in the comments!