DOOM’s Single Player Detailed in Live Stream
In case you missed it, Bethesda’s creative director Hugo Martin and executive producer Marty Stratton ran through a few levels of the much anticipated campaign mode of the upcoming DOOM.
Whilst offering a glimpse of the sheer amount of enemies and carnage on screen, a few gameplay details did emerge:
- Veterans of the multiplayer beta will recognise the total lack of reloading for any of the weapons. Non-stop action all the way!
- Speaking of weapons, campaign mode will allow you to select from up to 12 weapons at any time using a weapon wheel, and each weapon has selectable mods too, so your offensive capabilities are certainly plentiful.
- Finishing moves are huge part of the gameplay here, giving players huge amounts of health and ammo for executing enemies.
- The game appears to be a hybrid of old and new, offering rooms filled with bad guys and exploration being hugely encouraged, whilst allowing players to compete in challenges and obtain audio logs.
Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, DOOM features an Ultra-Nightmare mode which is essentially a perma-death playthrough. One death and it’s game over for good, and apparently it’s causing the dev team some major grief.
— Bethesda Softworks (@bethesda) April 27, 2016
One thing is for certain here, May 13th can’t come soon enough! Are you also excited? Let us know in the comments below!
Don’t forget to check out all our social media platforms to stay up to date with the latest releases, news, reviews gameplays and competitions. Follow us on Twitter, join our Facebook group and like our Facebook Page, subscribe to our Youtube and follow us on Twitch.
- Previous The Division Daily Reset April 28th
- Next “Tireless Menace” Update To The Long Dark Adds Breadth Of Changes