Hunting dinosaurs, taming dinosaurs, building settlements, do you need any more reasons to play Xbox One’s ARK: Survival Evolved? How about this – the latest update, expected to hit on 7th April, promises to bring yetis, scorpions, bats and literal loot caves.
Despite a lawsuit that’s threatening ARK’s survival, Studio Wildcard, the brains behind the hit game, are ploughing on and continuing to support it. That’ll keep the fans happy – particularly when they learn what’s coming in this latest update, which hit the PC last week.
In a Reddit post, Jat Karunakaran, the developer’s Community Manager, discussed what survivors can look forward to in the latest patch: Snow and Swamp Caves.
According to Karunakaran, these caves are…
heavily-geared towards High Level Survivors, containing high-end loot, advanced artifacts, and more clues towards the mysterious Origins of the ARK!
For those looking to venture into the Swamp Cave in search of the Artifact of the Immune, players will need certain items of clothing, such as a scuba tank and mask or ghillie suit to survive. Likewise, the environment in the Snow Cave is pretty hostile too, requiring Fur Armour in order to survive the harsh cold.
In addition to new locations to explore and creatures to battle or tame, the update will also iron out a few more issues ARK suffers from, including allowing players to teleport above ground if they get stuck underground and ensuring that, in split-screen, Spyglass works just dandy.
Perhaps most importantly, though, is the 10% improvement to framerate – an issue that has long been commented on by survivors.
The full patch notes for Xbox One are:
- All PC Content & Fixes Through PC v238 (such as “New Cave-Dungeons: Snow and Swamp. New Creatures: Woolly Rhino, Eurypterid, & Dunkleosteus. Breeding Mechanics Phase 2” etc)
- New “Extinction Event” Servers which reset after each month, with an in-game countdown!
- Improved game framerate by approximately 10% (rendering & cpu)
- Fixed Bug: Focus is now NOT on the Leave Tribe button when opening the Tribe Menu, also added a Leave Tribe confirmation dialog.
- If you get stuck underground, you now teleport back above ground.
- Mammoth colorization fixed
- Timer values that were resetting to 0 on “Reset Options” now reset to their correct value
- Server administrators can now specify a list of administrator users to have access to the full set of administrator (console) commands, as on PC. Singleplayer/Non-Dedicated hosts always have this option. If you have administrator access, all PC console commands can now be inputted at the Pause Menu.
- Server Options now have edit boxes for inputting direct arbritrary values.
- Spyglass now works properly in splitscreen.
There’s no confirmed date yet, but Studio Wildcard expects latest patch to launch on Xbox One on April 7th.