This Week at Bungie – 24/03/2016
It’s been a big week for Bungie – details of the much-anticipated April Update began to creep out, former Director of Music Marty O’Donnell spilled the beans about a cancelled project, and we speculated on the game and its content (or lack thereof).
But it’s the weekend, so that means we get a recap of all things Bungie straight from the developers themselves. And this week, it’s (almost) all about the April uopdate.
This week Bungie shared the first of three previews of the April Update. “New Things to Do” was the theme, showing off new stuff in the Reef with Variks’ inventory, detailing some new enemies, and taking an in-depth look at the Challenge of Elders. If you missed the live show, catch up below.
If moving pictures aren’t your thing, here’s the recap in handy bullet point form.
- The April Update arrives on 12 April 2016.
- New content will be available to players of Destiny: The Taken King
- The King is dead, but the Taken War rages on in our Solar System
- Variks the Loyal has a renewed call to arms to battle Taken foes
- Guardians will face new challenges through new Quests, Bounties, and Strikes
- Maximum Light is being raised to 335, with many new ways to level up
- Prison of Elders has a new Level 41 mode to empower you reach 320
- Challenge of Elders is a new Level 42 scored mode to empower you to reach 335. Players who achieve High and Cumulative scores are guaranteed Weapons and Armor. Challenge of Elders rewards have up to 335 Light, depending on your power.
Before the update goes live there will be two more live streams, on Wednesday, 30 March at 11AM Pacific, and Wednesday, 6 April at 11AM Pacific.
Moving on from the April update, many guardians will be pleased to know that Iron Banner returns – and with the perfect game mode for this ultra-competitive PVP activity – Control. The event begins on Tuesday, 29 March at 10AM Pacific, and ends just under a week later on Tuesday, 5 April, at 2AM Pacific. Rewards this time are an exclusive hand cannon and machine gun.
And that’s pretty much all she wrote, folks – but head on over to Bungie.net to see some great images taken from the April update.
See you in the crucible, Guardians!
- Previous DOOM- Demons, Power Ups & Power Weapons Showcase
- Next The Division Daily Reset 25th of March