This Week At Bungie – 17/03/2016
Those of you following along at home with the Weekly Updates will know that the past few weeks have been somewhat sparse with regards to news… Not this week.
Bungie have “set a date” for the awaited April Update, as they are now calling it. Destiny Update 2.2.0, to give it its proper name, will deploy on April 12th 2016, and will contain such goodies as:
- New PVE Challenges
- New and Updated Gear
- New Quest featuring the Blighted Chalice Strike
- Increased Max Light and Rewards
- Sandbox and Crucible Updates
- And more…
All of this is completely free to anyone who owns The Taken King, all that’s required is for you to download the update. As for the actual content… We’ll have to wait some more before we find out. Bungie will be using their Wednesday Twitch sessions to highlight some of the new features. Make a note on your calendar for the following:
April Update Preview: New Things to Do
Wednesday, March 23rd – 11AM Pacific
April Update Preview: New Things to Earn
Wednesday, March 30th – 11AM Pacific
April Update Preview: Sandbox and Crucible Updates
Wednesday, April 6th – 11AM Pacific
There was some other little tidbits, highlights of which include:
- Clans will now have access to Clan Leaderboards on Bungie.net, which will come as part of the April Update.
- An update to the companion app will allow you to switch gear from Guardian to Guardian instead of through the Vault.
- The usual collection of fan movies.
And there you have it. The new update is close, but what do you it’ll contain? Will it be substantial enough to bring people back to the world of Destiny, and away from The Division? Let us know in the comments below!
Don’t forget to check out all our social media platforms to stay up to date with the latest releases, news, reviews gameplays and competitions. Follow us on Twitter, join our Facebook group and like our Facebook Page, subscribe to our Youtube and follow us on Twitch.
- Previous Bioshock: The Collection Outed By Ratings Board
- Next The Division Daily Reset 18th of March