The Division: Year One
Today has seen the developers of The Divison, Ubisoft, release a whole host of information regarding their plans for Year One of their much anticipated title. The video below shows glimpses of what we can expect to see from the season pass as well as from some free (that’s right, free) content updates.
The official press release which accompanied the above video looks something like the below:
Following launch, players will be able to take on new tasks and challenges within the main storyline and end-game through daily and weekly missions as well as Dark Zone events. In addition to these ongoing activities, two free updates will be available to all players, adding new features and most-wanted functionalities:
- Incursions: In April, the first free update will introduce the first incursion, a new challenging end-game activity developed specifically for squad play. Teams will be able to test their skills as they face seemingly unstoppable enemies to gain high-level weapons and equipment. This update will also add one of the community’s most-wanted feature, loot trading; allowing players in the same group to trade loot collected during a co-op game session.
- Conflict: In May, the second free update will add new features to the Dark Zone and add a new incursion in the iconic Columbus Circle.
Three paid expansions will also be released over the course of the year and be will available in the Season Pass, the Gold Edition and the Sleeper Agent/Collector’s edition of the game. Each expansion builds on The Division, continuing the player’s journey and progress with new content, gear and gameplay:
- Expansion I: UndergroundAvailable in June, this first major expansion lets players explore the uncharted underworld of New York City. Players will chase deadly enemies with up to three other Agents through an endless maze of tunnels and subways.
- Expansion II: SurvivalAvailable this summer, this expansion will challenge players to survive as long as possible by gathering essential supplies in a very hostile environment.
- Expansion III: Last StandNext winter, a new threat rises as players and their squad must prepare to defend against a relentless foe.
With the release of The Division now mere days away now seems like as good a time as any to start getting well and truly excited about this potential game of the year contender!
I’m sure, if you’re anything like us here at Xbox One UK, that you’re already extremely excited about The Division, however, this press release should only further to heighten your excitement for Ubisoft’s behemoth title.
For all the latest on The Division as well as other Xbox One news stick with us right here at Xbox One UK, and keep up with us by joining our Facebook group, liking the Facebook page and following us on Twitter.