Yesterday, EA Star Wars’s twitter announced that we could expect an announcement at some point today, that was covered on Xbox One UK this morning.
Now, the announcement has been announced, and Star Wars Battlefront players should be excited! Tomorrow, an update will go live that will add new features to Star Wars Battlefront:
- The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
- New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
- Giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
- The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We’ll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
- Overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.
February will also see more free content for all players. This will include a new Survival mission on Hoth, and a brand-new Hoth multiplayer map that will support our larger game modes including Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron and Turning Point. Turning Point will also be able available on all maps that currently support Walker Assault and Supremacy in the February update.
March will also see the addition of another free multiplayer map set on Endor that will support Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point, as well as an additional Tatooine Survival map.
EA will continue to listen to player feedback throughout the year and provide updates designed to make Star Wars Battlefront even more fun for everyone.
As well as free content, details of the Battlefront Season Pass have also been teased. The Season Pass is going to give you more of the content you love — maps and modes, Heroes, weapons, and more. More details below:
- Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim (March 2016) – Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt’s palace on Tatooine.
- Star Wars Battlefront Bespin (Summer 2016) – It’s hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin.
- Star Wars Battlefront Death Star (Autumn 2016) – That’s no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Star Wars Battlefront Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017) – We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.