GTA Online: Executives and Other Criminals Update Detailed
The latest addition to GTA Online is available now on the Xbox One as an automatic update. The Executives and Other Criminals update offers players the chance to run their own criminal organisations, hire and fire other players, and go head–to-head against rival operations across the freemode map. Los Santos living also receives a premium upgrade with the introduction of Stilt Houses for sale up in Los Santos Hills. There are also new Eclipse Penthouse apartments with customizable interior styles and the debut of the fully upgradable and fully staffed Super Yachts now for sale on Docktease. The update also comes with new armored vehicles, two new weapons, the new Extraction Adversary mode and much more. All the details are listed below:
- Be Your Own Boss
Players with more than GTA$1M cash in their Maze bank account can choose to become a VIP with the ability to create and name their own organization, and hire up to 3 other players to serve as Bodyguards. All players will have access to the new SecuroServ menu in the Player Interaction Menu to become a VIP and build their organization.
- Steady Work
Players looking to join an organization as Bodyguards can look out for invites on the new SecuroServ app on the phone and can set their status as ‘looking for work’ via the SecuroServ menu. VIPs can drop ammo and armor for members of the Organization, as well as order new vehicles on-demand including the new Turreted Limo, and call-in favors like Ghost Organization to temporarily remove the entire organization from the radar.
Joining an Organization as a Bodyguard has the advantage of delivering a periodic salary of GTA$5,000, as well as bringing in additional cash and RP for taking on VIP Work and VIP Challenges that occur within Freemode. However, any cash winnings earned by an employed Bodyguard while not working for the Organization (such as completing Freemode Events or other Freemode activities like Bounties or Hold Ups) goes to the VIP. Bodyguards also enjoy additional benefits including accelerated health regeneration, frequent RP bonuses and stat boosts when in the vicinity of the VIP.
- New Games and Challenges
VIP Work is the name for 6 new game types that operate directly within Freemode. In Hostile Takeover, an unknown package is held within a restricted area, and organizations compete to collect the package and deliver it to a set location. Sounds deceptively simple, but when the ‘package’ is a tank held inside Fort Zancudo, things get tricky fast.
- Asset Recovery – sends your organization to LSPD stations around the city to recover impounded vehicles. It’s up to your outfit to free up those assets and return them to a designated location, while the cops and other players in the session will be looking to destroy your vehicles.
- Piracy Prevention – is attack and defense on the decks of a luxurious Super Yacht. Defending players spawn on the yacht while attacking players spawn on shore with access to boats, helis and Seasharks ready to head out and capture the upper deck.
- Executive Deathmatch – puts rival organizations in a Deathmatch-style battle inside of Freemode, with each VIP allotted just 10 lives.
VIP Challenges are intra-organizational Freemode trials that pit members against each other for their own personal gains. There are 6 challenge types including:
- Most Wanted: The heat is right around the corner, with all players in the organization hit with a 5-star wanted level. With a countdown of 10 minutes, the last player alive wins the challenge.
- Market Manipulation: All open convenience stores are blipped on the map. Players have to race from store to store in a hold-up spree to collect as much money as possible. When time counts down, the player with the most money wins.
Auto Buyout: Players must steal and deliver as many vehicles as they can. Every vehicle has a specific value displayed when you enter the vehicle, so choose your acquisitions carefully. The player with the highest total value of vehicles delivered at the end of the timer wins.
- Yacht Life
For the ultimate room with a view, players will have the option to purchase a single Super Yacht from the Docktease website. Yachts function as floating apartments and come fully staffed with your own personal captain to shift the boat between your choice of 12 scenic mooring locations around Los Santos and Blaine County, and a bartender to serve drinks for you and your guests. Choose from a range of designs, with higher-end yachts featuring hot tubs, and additional complimentary transport options including helicopters and personal watercraft. Name your vessel and personalize it with a custom flag, hull color and a variety of lighting options. Each Yacht comes equipped with an anti-air defense system to help protect against unwanted attacks from rival Organizations and other Freemode attackers.
Other New Features
- 10 Stilt Houses are now for sale around Vinewood Hills, each equipped with a 10-car Garage and a Heist Planning Room
- 3 Custom Apartments for sale in Eclipse Towers, with 8 customizable themed interiors.
- 10 new cars for sale, including a Turreted Limo and 6 new executive vehicles with armored variations.
- 2 new helicopters – SuperVolito and SuperVolito Carbon.
- 2 new weapons, the Magnum Revolver and Switchblade, each with VIP and Bodyguard variants.
- Players will now have the ability to purchase a fifth Garage or Apartment.
- New clothing and accessories, including Robes, Smoking Jackets, Pajamas and Swimwear.
The new Extraction Adversary Mode tasks teams of Bodyguards with searching, locating and safely extracting an Executive Target from their downed jet before a rival Hit Squad intercepts and eliminates the target.
Will you be a high roller in the Executives and Other Criminals update? Let us know in the comments, and keep up to date with all things Xbox One related on Xbox One UK’s Facebook, Twitter and Website!
- Previous Bungie wants to take your money so you don’t have to play Destiny
- Next Star Wars Battlefront Sandtrooper Headset Review