Starpoint Gemini 2 Gets Release Date
At E3 this year it was announced that Starpoint Gemini 2 would be coming to the Xbox One. Details were scarce back then but now we finally have a release date and it isn’t far away. Little Green Men Games and Iceberg Interactive have announced that Starpoint Gemini 2 will launch onto consoles on December 11.
Starpoint Gemini 2 is an open world space tactical simulator that makes use of RPG mechanics. You will be able to control a whole host of ships, ranging from the small and nimble gunships to giant, lumbering carriers. Using the ship of your choosing, the entire Gemini star system will be available for you to explore, research and fight in. The upgrading of your skills and ships will give you the upper-hand in combat and also exploration.
The story behind the game is rich and engrossing. It has been two years since the end of the second Gemini war but the situation is far from peaceful. The collection of freedom fighters named Gemini League is now reduced to a small group, with no power or influence, after the loss of leaders. The Empire meanwhile, has used the re-opened Starpoint to occupy the once renegade Gemini sector – and beyond.
A multitude of Imperial warship fleets and massive motherships have crushed all of the opposition. The situation was looking bleak, when they suddenly halted their armada and re-shifted their focus on fortifying Starpoint with staggering numbers. Rumours soon spread that they were afraid of something coming after them through the T-gate, from what was supposed to be the core of the Empire.
A CGI trailer has been released to accompany the announcement of a launch date and you can watch it here.
The main features of the game are as follows.
- Complex, but easy-to-use RPG system, now coupled with dynamic real-time 3D combat.
- Explore the dynamic game world as a whole, rather than through individual maps.
- Use T-Gates, wormholes and riftways to travel faster around the Gemini system.
- Fifty diverse factions ranging from states and companies to outlaws, locked in a powerstruggle, with over 100 commodities to trade or plunder.
- Special revocable licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options.
- Hire mercenary captains to follow you on your travels and share your fate, and employ officers to fill key positions on your ship.
- Random missions get generated depending on the player’s actions and allegiances.
- Over 70 unique ships, fully upgradeable with various ship systems, with a.o. visible turrets, and a large arsenal of destructive weapons to blast enemies to pieces.
- Direct ship controls create complete immersion.
- Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology.
Starpoint Gemini 2 will launch in all its glory onto the Xbox One on December 11, just in time for Christmas.