Xbox App Update On Windows 10 Available Today
In addition to the New Xbox One Experience update that released to the public last week, the folks over at Xbox are continuing to improve other Xbox products and services which include the Xbox App for Windows 10. There are new features being brought to this app with the update today and there is a video of Major Nelson going through just what they are, below:
Those of you running Windows 10 on your PC or tablet, you may have noticed some exciting updates in the Xbox app over the past few days. Just like on Xbox One, regular updates inspired by fan feedback have been a cornerstone for the Xbox app on Windows 10. Today, you’ll notice an upgraded social experience in the Xbox app as Xbox are unifying your Xbox Live and Facebook communities with the release of the Facebook friend finder. This feature joins the recently launched Game DVR voice recording feature and improvements to the Xbox Store accessible through the Xbox app.
Here’s an overview of the new experiences that you can now enjoy:
- Facebook friend finder in the Xbox app and on Xbox.com: Inspired by a top requested fan feature, Xbox are bringing two of your favorite social networks together – Xbox Live and Facebook – and making it easier than ever to find more people to play games and have fun with. In the Friends column on the right side of the Xbox app, look for the Facebook icon in the Suggested Friends area. Click it to link your Facebook account to your Xbox Live account and start seeing suggestions for Facebook friends who you can add on Xbox Live. Facebook friend finder can also be found in the Settings area of the Xbox app. As your friends link their Facebook accounts to their Xbox Live accounts, you’ll see increasing numbers of Facebook friend suggestions, so be sure to spread the word.
- Record voiceover in your Game DVR clips on your PC: With today’s Xbox app update running on the latest Windows 10 update, you can now plug in a headset and narrate your Windows 10 game clips with your own voice using Game bar and Game DVR hotkeys. To turn microphone recording on or off for a gaming session, press Win + Alt + M. Want to turn microphone recording on for all gaming sessions? Go to Game bar > Settings > Audio or Xbox app > Settings > Game DVR > Audio. And if you like personalizing your Game DVR hotkeys and want to customize the microphone recording hotkey, do it here: Game bar > Settings > Shortcuts or Xbox app > Settings > Game DVR > Keyboard shortcuts. Share your Windows Store game clips with your voiceover commentary with your friends on Xbox Live through the Xbox app, or share any of your game clips on the social network of your choice through your PC.
- Record ANY game on your Windows 10 PC: The recent Windows 10 update also enables you to record game clips and capture screenshots for ALL games, including PC games where Game bar and Game DVR hotkeys didn’t work earlier.
- Xbox Store section: The Store section in the Xbox app will now bring you into the Xbox Store – a launching point for browsing and searching for both Windows 10 and Xbox One games. The new interface allows you to see more content in the Store at a glance and brings you the latest crop of the most popular Windows 10 and Xbox One games, plus you can redeem Games with Gold games or get discounted games through Deals with Gold.
- Previous Microsoft aren’t confident DX12 will improve Xbox graphics
- Next Deadpool Is Now Released On Xbox One