Metal Gear Solid V: Massive November Update
This month KONAMI, the developers of MGS V: The Phantom Pain, have gone all out to improve your gaming experience in what appears to be; as many ways as is humanly possible to update a game. The November update starts off with changes to the user interface of the PF Rating screen. With improvements to the way factors contributing to your PF’s overall strength are displayed (handily in time for the PF Rating Event scheduled for later this month). The rating boundaries have also had a tweak and its now much easier to understand them along with detailed information for force durability, nuclear weapons owned and many more.
New equipment added
New weapons have also been added to the existing line up, along with the ability to now craft Grade 8 equipment ( previously max level was Grade 7). These Grade 8 level equipment are classed as ‘new online development items’. What does that mean i hear you ask, well this means they are specific items that will continue the development process even while you are away from the Xbox One. If that’s still not helpful enough and you are really desperate to move that piece of equipment on then you can also us your earned MB Coins to shorten the development time.
AM MRS-4R [*7]
WU S.PISTOL CB [*8]
New security devices and FOB options added!
New security devices have been added to protect your FOB’S from invaders, all of these devices are ‘online development items’. As with the weapons they develop whilst your away and you have the option to speed up the progress using MB Coins. A new functionality has also been added to the medical team, the higher the level of the team, the shorter an invaders reflex mode will be, making it much easier to get the drop on anyone stupid enough to try and get in your way. There’s also a new Stealth Mode update, it looks like it would be great way to push the rage quit button of your enemies. Activate the stealth mode by pressing the action button whilst prone and your predicted field of movement will disappear from the defending players iDroid and the defending Intel team wont be able to search out your general location. sneaky!
Along with a newly unlocked FOB 3 option this gives your PF a huge boost. With the resulting major increases in max. staff capacity, you can look forward to unit functions being upgraded across the board.
For all newcomers?
If your new to the game, then fear not, you haven’t been forgot about either. Rookie and Beginner Functions have been expanded so from now on it will be easier for you to obtain the awesome ‘Chicken Hat’ and ‘Lil Chicken Hat’. In case your wondering, these are awarded to people who repeatedly fail a mission.
The Chicken Hat in all its glory!
For those having trouble with a difficult mission, these items will be a significant help. Also, a “Rookie Assist Function” is added to Espionage Ratings (the results of FOB Missions).
This function prevents rookie players from losing Espionage Points when they fail at FOB invasions or defenses.
Other update details
Other additional refinements have been made to various elements of the game. including balance adjustments and bug fixes.
- ・ The top rankings for PF Rating and Espionage Rating will now be displayed.
- ・ Whereas until now only resources in your offline inventory could be sold, from now on your online inventory can also be sold.
- ・ The issue with certain DLC uniform equipment not having its advertised effect is now fixed.
- ・ In-game notifications of events and other news have been improved.
METAL GEAR ONLINE version 1.01 patch notes
If like me your a bit or a detail nerd and like to see each and every little thing that’s been updated, changed and fixed, then the new patch release notes are listed below:
– Fixed issue where matches in progress would not end properly when servers would go down for maintenance.
– Fixed issue where the respawn screen may have been shown multiple times depending on the network status.
– Fixed various causes of session disconnection that occur at the beginning of a match.
– Fixed issue where defenders who joined in the middle of a CLOAK AND DAGGER match could use stealth camo.
– Fixed issue in CLOAK AND DAGGER missions where weapon quick change would sometimes temporarily disable stealth camo for the infiltrating team.
– Fixed issue where party menu would not function properly after auto-matching.
– Fixed issue where SELECT MATCH host list would not be displayed properly depending on network status.
– Fixed issue where firing sway/recoil would not spread properly when using the walker gear’s Gatling gun.
– Fixed issue where certain fonts would not display properly.
– Fixed issue where battle log would sometimes not display.
– Fixed issue where incorrect stats would result from joining a match in-progress.
– Fixed issue where character level would sometimes revert to Lv. 0.
– You will now be matched with players of similar level to your highest character level. If you have ascended, you will match with players at your highest level before ascending.
– It is now less likely to join a host with poor network connection.
– Adjusted auto-match day/night balance
[SELECT MATCH Adjustments]
– Search filters in “SELECT MATCH” will be now saved.
– The “ANY” option has been removed from the search password options.
– Additional delay has been added to the Mission Results screen to allow more time before host proceeds to the next match.
– Spawn screen wait time has been increased from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.
– Your team’s role in a match (“Attackers”, etc.) will now be displayed in the upper left of the Spawn Screen.
– Adjusted ranking screen so that you can switch between the top players and your own personal ranking.
– Disabled character level display in the iDroid while offline.
[Mission Rule Adjustments]
– Adjusted CLOAK AND DAGGER missions so that if all remaining members on a team are put to sleep or incapacitated, that team will lose.
– Adjusted CLOAK AND DAGGER so that if a player on the attacking team kills themselves, stealth will no longer be disabled.
– The “E.LOCATOR” is now only available for the Scout class.
– Machines guns and launchers are now only be available for the Enforcer class.
– Shotguns are now only available for the Infiltrator class.
– Level-based equipment rewards have been adjusted as follows:
Lv.23 : WU S333 –> G44
Lv.30 : RASP TB-SG –> WU S333
Lv.35 : SERVAL AMR-7 –> C-4
Lv.37 : FB MR R-LAUNCHER –> SERVAL AMR-7
Lv.17 : E.LOCATOR –> Sz.-336 SMG
Lv.23 : AM D114 –> FB MR R-LAUNCHER
Lv.30 : DECOY –> HAIL MGR-4
Lv.33 : FULTON CANNON –> AM D114
Lv.10 : KABARGA-83 –> M21 D-MINE
Lv.11 : E.LOCATOR –> SLEEP GRENADE
Lv.20 : RASP TB-SG –> KABARGA-83
Lv.30 : UN-AAM –> LLG-MINE
Lv.37 : HAIL MGR-4 –> RASP TB-SG
* As a result of these changes, custom loadouts will be reset during the maintenance period following the update patch.
[Character Ability Adjustments]
– Overall movement speed has been increased.
– Mobility has been re-balanced to allow faster travel between objectives.
– Infiltrators have had health and stamina decreased.
– Enforcers have had health and stamina increased.
– Scouts have had health increased.
– Scouts can mark targets more quickly while using binoculars.
– Firing sway for Machine Guns has been reduced.
– Weapon sway has been reduced overall when aiming in first-person view.
– Damage inflicted by the Walker Gear’s Gatling gun has been reduced.
– Walker Gears and Anti-Aircraft Emplacements now take more damage from certain weapons
– Weapon damage of certain weapons has been adjusted for better balance.
– Weapon weights for certain weapons has been adjusted for better balance.
– Damage value on the ISANDO RGL-220″ has been significantly reduced.
– Reduced ammo count on “ISANDO RGL-220”
– Max carry for “E.LOCATOR,””STUN GRENADE,” and “SLEEP GRENADE” has been reduced.
– The throwing arch of the Empty Magazine has been made invisible to enemies.
– The noise radius made by Empty Magazines when they land has been expanded.
– Max carry amount of “C.BOX” has been increased.
– The weight of certain items has been adjusted.
[Stealth Camo （STEALTH CAMO.PP） adjustments while using the STEALTH CAMO+ Ability]
– Stealth camo is temporarily disabled when taking damage
– Battery life has been reduced, and battery will take longer to charge.
– Marking time for cloaked players has been reduced.
– Cloaked players detected with NVG will be marked in less time.
– Movement speed while in stealth has been reduced.
– Range for CQC grabs has been narrowed.
– Icon for CQC grabs is no longer displayed.
– Non-lethal damage done by CQC hits and grabs has been reduced.
– 1-hit CQC knock-outs are now exclusive to Infiltrators with “CQC STEALTH+” Lv.2 or higher.
– The increase in CQC choke speed in “CQC STEALTH+” Lv.1 or higher has been amplified.
– Fulton speed when using “FULTON+” Lv.2 or greater has been slowed.
– Collision detection when using “FULTON+” Lv.3 has been improved.
– When a player fultons an enemy, the fulton balloon and the enemy attached to it are now invincible to the player’s teammates.
[Buddy System Adjustments]
– Time required to establish a buddy link using the link action has been shortened.
– Link action will succeed regardless of the direction your character is facing, as long as you are in range.
– The buddy gauge will now clear at the beginning of each round.
– The distance that noise travels when dashing, diving, using empty magazines, and knocking has been extended.
– Players can’t be marked while invincible immediately following a re spawn. – An adjustment was made so when a player dies from a Walker Gear explosion, the player that made the Walker Gear explode is credited with the kill.
– When a player kills an enemy that is passed out or asleep (by another player), the player that knocked the enemy out is credited with an assist.
As far as updates go, this is a big one, a little bit of everything seems to have been altered to make your experience better all round. From my own gaming point of view its good to see a developer going so in-depth to make players experiences more enjoyable, from the big ‘look at me’ updates like the chicken hat. Oh i love that hat, i hope the person responsible for the idea of that bad boy was given a raise! To the small details such as noise adjustment in game,actually adjusting the distance noise travels when knocking. A small change that could make a big impact.
And just because:- Here is a Chicken Hat action shot!!!