A New Xbox One Experience update is rolling out to NXOE Preview participants this morning on October 26th. This update contains many key fixes and stability improvements – see below for details.
HOW TO GET IT
- If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
- NOTE: Once the update is available to your wave, you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.
- If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PT 10/24/2015, you will be prompted to do so at that time.
- OS version released: th2_xbox_rel_1510.151023-1900
- Available: 3:00PM PDT 10/25 (2AM GMT 10/26)
- My Games & Apps: You should no longer encounter any tiles that are blank in your collection.
- Apps Crashing Fixes: Various Apps no longer crash on startup or during usage.
- Formatting Hard Drives: You should no longer run into issues when formatting external hard drives.
- Edge Browser: You should no longer encounter a black screen when browsing in Edge.
- FEATURED FEEDBACK OPPORTUNITIES
Xbox have some new content for you, so be sure to check out the Preview Dashboard app for more details! the highlighted quests for this release are:
- Take a photo: This quest encourages you to try out the new Xbox One Avatar experience, and give us your feedback.
- Highlight Reel: In this quest, try out the features of the new Upload Studio app.
Halo 5 Pre-load check
To ensure you have a great Day one experience with Halo 5: Guardians, please do the following:
- Go to “My Games & Apps” – Installed – Sort by Size. If you see Halo 5: Guardians at 54.8 GB then you are ready to play.
- If you do not see Halo 5: Guardians at 54.8 GB, you should first hard reboot your console in an effort to enable your console to take the final pre-GA Content Update for Halo 5
- Else If Halo 5: Guardians is still not showing an installed size of 54.8 GB then please uninstall your copy of Halo 5 and re-install