New Xbox One Update Available
A New Xbox One Experience update is rolling out to a small group of participants in initial waves this morning starting at 2AM GMT, October 14th. This update contains fixes for various problems reported by the community.
HOW TO GET IT
- If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
- NOTE: Once the update is available to your wave, you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.
- If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PT 10/15/2015, you will be prompted to do so at that time.
OS version released: th2_xbox_rel_1510.151011-2132
Available: 6:00PM PDT 10/13 (2AM GMT 10/14)
- Screen Dimming: Fixes for screen dimming issues are in this build
- Media App no longer freezing: Media Titles such as Hulu, Netflix that were experiencing video stuttering and stopping have been resolved.
- Browser: You should now experience significantly fewer crashes when using the Edge browser.Please help us test this fix by exploring your favorite websites! (such as cnn.com, yogaglo.com, kotaku.com, dailymail.co.uk, facebook.com, twitter.com, etc…)
- Live TV:
- Cable/Satellite set top box compatibility should now be more comparable to the current Xbox One Experience. Please continue to report video playback and audio issues using Report a problem to help us improve the experience.
- Dolby Digital surround should now function with Live TV
- Favoriting is now supported for App channels.
- The “Xbox Snap TV” voice command should now function correctly.
- When resuming from connected standby the Xbox One media remote should no longer fail to send commands.
- You should now be able to use voice commands to navigate in Live TV.
- Controller Firmware Update: A new controller firmware update is available. Please navigate to Settings > Devices & accessories to download the update.
- Console Boot: This build contains a fix to address issues with encountering a black screen shortly after the console boots up.
- My Games & Apps: For users in China and Korea, My games & apps should no longer launch to a black screen and fail to start.
- Home Screen: The tiles on the Home screen should no longer flicker when a disc based game is installing.