New Xbox One Experience update is rolling out to a small group of participants in initial waves today.
This update is a major update that contains many fixes and some UI tweaks.
HOW TO GET IT
- If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
- NOTE: Once the update is available to your wave, you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.
- If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PT 10/03/2015, you will be prompted to do so at that time.
- OS version released: th2_xbox_rel_1510.150930-1900
Available: 9:00PM PT 10/2 (2AM GMT 10/3)
- 12-person Party Chat. Garnering over 2200 votes on Xbox Feedback, we are expanding party chat to include 12 people. This feature is being enabled for all of our Xbox users – and the Xbox App on Windows 10 as well as those in the New Xbox One Experience Preview.
- Party text chat adds more communication options. In the New Xbox One Experience, text chat joins voice chat as a way to communicate with your friends. At the bottom of the ‘Your Party’ page, you will see a button to ‘Show text chat.’ This will let you participate in the conversation. Party text chat will also come to the Beta Xbox App for Windows 10.
- A streamlined Game DVR experience. We have combined the functionality of the Game DVR snap app and the former Upload app into one easy-to-use app called Game DVR. In full screen mode, you can use this app to view your game clips and screenshot captures. When snapped, you can use Game DVR to start or stop recordings.
- New animated avatars. They are back and better than ever. You showed us that you are passionate about Avatars with many requests on Xbox Feedback. The new avatars will be animated on your profile and will start showing up in other new places in the new experience. If you prefer a gamerpic, you can easily switch your image.
- Updated menu for quick access to common actions. The menu button on your controller lets you pin an app or game to Home, launch a recently played game, or quit an app or game with just the touch of a button.
- Access new settings in the Guide. Adding to settings already included in the guide, like adjusting the headset volume, you can now turn your console off or restart your console directly from the Guide
- My Games & Apps: Games installed on an internal or external hard drive should no longer appear in both Installed and Ready to Install.
- Screen Dimming: You should no longer encounter issues with the screen dimming after a short period of time in Live TV and media apps.
- Performance and UI Improvements: Various performance and UI tweaks have been made in the build to fit and finish.
There is a massive list of Issues at the moment that can be found on the preview forums. Please report any if you find them.