Syndrome, A Classic Survival Horror Game
You wake up on a spaceship, dazed and confused from the effects of cryosleep, and begin to search for the rest of the crew. Where could they have gone? All too suddenly, you discover that most of them are dead, and those still alive are… changed.
That’s the opening line for Camel 101’s new game Syndrome, a game that takes the first person survival horror back to it’s roots. Alongside games such as Alien: Isolation, the survival type horror instead of the “running around blasting everything with guns” type of games seems to be on the way back.
Careful resource management is a key part of Syndrome, but so is learning your enemies’ behavior. What will attract their attention? What will give you a few precious seconds to pass by undetected? Take note―each misstep could be deadly.
- Claustrophobic horror―Countless threats, both physical and psychological, await inside the ship.
- Fight or flee―Use weapons and ammo wisely, as they are in limited supply.
- Eerie exploration―there’s plenty to discover if you take a moment to search your surroundings.
- Nothing is what it seems―It’s up to you to find out what’s really going on aboard the ship.
- Reactive enemies―Cause a stir or make some noise and they’ll pick up on your location.
The game is set for release on your Xbox One sometime in Q2 2016. What are your takes on the whole survival genre like this? Personally I loved playing through Alien: Isolation, so this is a must pick up for me. Thoughts? Comments? Leave them down below.