Halo 5: Guardians Install Size Revealed
Halo 5 Guardians is going to be the biggest game of the year for Xbox One when it releases next month and it’ s going to take up a huge portion of your hard drive as well. In fact, it’s going to be the eight biggest game to date on the system.
Tracking site Finder has revealed that Master Chief’s newest instalment will take up a whopping 46.19GB on your standard Xbox One hard drive. In fact, it’s so big that not only is it the eighth biggest game on the system to date, but the seven games above it are so big that if you owned each one of them you wouldn’t even be able to install Halo 5 Guardians on your Xbox One before you ran out of space. Of course, if it was a full 500GB then yeah, you’re good to go. Since the Xbox One runs three separate operating systems the result is the total capacity being anywhere from 350-365GB depending on the system.
It’s becoming a huge problem and catch 22 with the new consoles. With games being so advanced they are unable to run off the disc and small install size like on Xbox 360 and PS3 because they can’t process that much data that fast. Try running Forza Motorsport 6 in full 1080 and 60 with dynamic weather while its running off the disc. It won’t happen. But by the same token, the small hard drive space leave us slaves to constantly deleting and reinstalling games on the fly.
That’s a lot of space that is starting to be addressed with the 1TB consoles coming out now, but it never should have gotten to this point to begin with. With console prices the size they are, it’s not fair to ask consumers to spend even more money on external hard drives just to be able to play a game. Hopefully it gets ironed out soon because at this rate we’ll only be able to store about five games on our units before having to delete data.
You can see the top 10 biggest install size games on Xbox One below compliments of Finder:
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection – 11-Nov-14 – 62,740mb
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited – 9-Jun-15 – 55,690mb
- Grand Theft Auto V – 18-Nov-14 – 49,030mb
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare – 3-Nov-14 – 48,970mb
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – 6-Nov-15 – 48,970mb
- NBA 2K15 – 7-Oct-14 – 46,610mb
- Battlefield Hardline – 17-Mar-15 – 46,240mb
- Halo 5: Guardians – 27-Oct-15 – 46,190mb
- Forza Motorsport 6 – 15-Sep-15 – 45,860mb
- Dragon Age: Inquisition – 18-Nov-14 – 45,250mb
Thanks to GameZone for the original article, which you can find HERE.
What do you think about install sizes then? Have you already added an external HDD to your Xbox One, are you closed to filling that? I have 2x2gb externals installed and total including the internal storage I am currently sitting at around 45% full. Leave your comments below.
- Previous Bungie’s Destiny Update – 24/09/15
- Next Star Wars Battlefront Beta File Size And More Details.