The Escapists: The Walking Dead Coming to Xbox One
Fan of the Walking Dead franchise? As mentioned a few months back, Team17 and Skybound Entertainment has been working on it and finally The Escapists: The Walking Dead is coming to the Xbox One the 30th of September.
The Escapists: The Walking Dead merges the gameplay and aesthetics of the smash-hit, indie game The Escapists with the universe and characters of the worldwide phenomenon that is The Walking Dead. In the game, players will take on the role of iconic protagonist Rick Grimes, who must lead and protect a band of survivors featuring many of the original comic book cast. Rick and the survivors must secure, survive and escape a number of dangerous environments which faithfully follows the narrative timeline of the hit comic.
Features of the game include:
- 5 levels following the timeline of the award-winning comic including Harrison Memorial Hospital, Greene Family Farm, Meriwether Correctional Facility, Woodbury and Alexandria
- Comic book panels and dialogue taken from the hit comic series and faithfully recreated in 8bit style
- Weapons including craftable upgrades and iconic weapons such as Michonne’s Katana
- Characters from the hit series. Play as Rick Grimes alongside a cast of iconic survivors from the comic including Carl, Lori, Glenn, Hershel, Maggie, Dale, Tyreese, Michonne, Abraham and Gabriel, all faithfully re-created in charming pixel art style
- Crafting system. Choosing from over 250 materials, you’ll need to craft more than 70 different items to keep your survivors safe including tools like cutters and shovels and weapons such as the modified pistol and rifle.
- 24 bonus collectibles to find
As stated, the game will be available on your Xbox One next week on the 30th of September for the price of £12.99 / $17.99 / €14.99. Will you be picking it up? Leave a comment in the field below.