‘The Royal Gadget Pack’ – Chariot’s Debut DLC
Time flies! Chariot, the co-op platformer from FRIMA Studios, released a whole year ago this 30th September; and to celebrate the anniversary a new DLC pack has been released for the game – “The Royal Gadget Pack”. What’s in said pack worthy of royalty? Here’s a handy list:
- A new playable character: the Shopkeeper
- 5 new gadgets (all unlocked at level 1, with 2 upgrade blueprints per gadget hidden in existing levels)
- Shield Bubble – Protects you from everything – including looters! Hold jump to bounce.
- Omni Boots – Allows you to walk normally on any surface – ice, quicksand, even lava!
- Stasis Field – Freezes EVERYTHING in place (except people).
- Warp Beacon – Use to set beacon; use again to warp the Chariot (and any riders).
- Royal Arms – Gives each character their own special attack.
- 10 new achievements both fun and challenging!
Undecided on whether or not to buy the £1.99/$2.49 DLC? Here’s what Martin Brouard, Executive Producer at Frima Studios, has to say about the new content.
“The Royal Gadget Pack brings a whole new level of Chariot shenanigans to both solo and co-op players. Some of these gadgets will delight the speedrunning community, while others will make some of the harder levels somewhat easier for less experienced players. We’ve also added the option to play as the Skeleton Merchant, which is something that many fans have been asking for since our 2014 launch.”
“The Royal Gadget Pack” is available to purchase now. Alternatively, there’s the bundle of Chariot with the new DLC for £12.79/£15.99, also available now.
For more news, reviews, competitions and articles, join Xbox One UK’s Facebook Group, Like our Facebook Page and follow us on Twitter. Plus, if videos are your thing, check out our YouTube and Twitch channels!