The Taken King has arrived and Bungie seems just as excited as the legions of fans. What’s the latest in their update this week? Check it out below.
Of Gods and Kings
Facing Oryx was never the end…
Yep, The Taken King‘s Fall Raid is now available. Here’s the teaser trailer in case you missed it.
Of Odds and Bling
Xûr’s got a brand new bag.
The mysterious vendor will be stocking differently in Destiny Year Two, as we noted in yesterday’s Xûr update. In case clicking a link is just too much effort after all that Raiding (don’t worry, we understand), here’s Senior Design Lead Tyson Green once more explaining the changes.
“In Year One, Xûr was a community “loot drop,” a shared rallying point that everyone could cheer or curse. In Year Two, Xûr’s offerings have been changed so that he will select either a specific Exotic Weapon or an Exotic Engram for sale every week. This change is due primarily to our desire to give players more direct paths to acquiring the Exotics they want through Quests and gameplay experiences, and to avoid repetition in his inventory.
Xûr will also sell a new consumable, the Three of Coins, which gives bosses a chance to drop Exotic Engrams, including Weapon Engrams. These consumables have a cumulative luck effect, so even if one doesn’t net you a drop, the next one has a higher chance to do so.
- Resolved an issue where Xbox 360 players encountered Microsoft error code 80070057 when installing Destiny: The Taken King
- Some players experienced an issue where their Moments of Triumph Golden Chest count was reset. We’re investigating and getting closer to a resolution. More info to come
- SUROS Arsenal and Weapon Pack access
- VIP Rewards and Quest access
- Missing something from your Destiny: The Taken King download?
- Unable to access Nightfall or go beyond Character Level 34?
We’re committed to tracking and communicating any and all issues Guardians may be experiencing when playing Destiny: The Taken King. If you’re confused about a new in-game experience, having problems accessing purchased content or facing technical issues, Destiny Player Support awaits you on the Help forum. We’ve also updated our Guided Support for Destiny: The Taken King.