November Update: Things on the New Xbox One Experience
Listening to the latest MNR (Major Nelson Radio) I got to hear Director of Program Management for the Xbox and Windows Platform, Mike Ybarra talk about the upcoming November Update, also known as the New Xbox One Experience (NXOE)
Many things were mentioned, and here are some of them:
- The most active people in the preview program will get the invite to try the NXOE. They’re gonna start with a smaller group but they want to expand this as time moves on.
- The thing the team has focused on most is making the UI superfast and responsive.
- The Windows 10 version coming to the Xbox One is highly customized. It’s called the “One Core” and was built specifically around features needed and used by the people using the Xbox One.
- The team has sheets with comparison data, comparing how long tasks take on the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One. Some of the features show a 50% increase in speed and is also easier to get started.
- The reason that it won’t be released to everyone at first is simply because at the start, some of the features won’t work.
- The NXOE will be different for the developers since they will be able to communicate with the users and announce patches and the likes.
- Mike ended with thanking the fans for having done an awesome job guiding the team and development towards what the players want.
A previous article with some additional information can be found clicking here.
The NXOE along with the One Core is coming this November for the whole world to enjoy. You want it? Leave a comment down below.