November brings the update we’ve all been waiting for
This coming November brings the update we’ve all been waiting for. A whole new experience comes to your Xbox One with the November update. Windows 10 will bring your gaming experience to new heights, and let’s not forget the thing we’re all looking forward to: The Xbox One Backwards Compatibility.
Getting our hands on this feature is probably the thing that makes me the most hyped for it at least.
So here are some of the features you have to look forward to:
- Play your Xbox 360 games on Xbox One. At launch you’ll be able to play over 100 Xbox 360 games on Xbox One with hundreds more in the months to come. This includes the added benefit of Xbox One features including screenshots, streaming, and game DVR – for your favorite Xbox 360 games. You can even play multiplayer with friends still using their Xbox 360.
- A new Guide lets you quickly access essentials with just one button press to save time spent weaving in and out of apps. You can access the Guide from Home by pressing left or double tap the Xbox button on your controller to instantly overlay the Guide. You can access Friends, quickly start a Party, get to Settings, see System Notifications, view your Messages, and more from Home or without leaving your game. These are the top tasks Xbox fans do most often, so we focused on making them faster and easier to get to without disrupting your game.
- We’re redesigning Home to make it faster and easier to get to the things you love. We’re introducing a faster and easier interface to provide access to games and apps you’ve recently used. At launch you’ll be able to more easily share your achievements and game clips with the Xbox Live community, see whether your friends are playing the same games and get one-click access to Game Hubs to get news and updates directly from the developers and community themselves.
- We’re introducing a new Community section to make Xbox One more social.Based on your feedback, this section is optimized to help you tap into what other gamers are doing on Xbox Live and directly contribute to the conversation happening within the Xbox Live community. Check out what your friends are up to or keep track of the games you follow in the redesigned Activity Feed. Explore the new Trending section to view the most popular posts from players on Xbox Live.
For the ones of us that are normal mortals and not in the preview program, we will have to wait until November to see this. However for those of you that ARE in the preview program, here’s how a few things are gonna work.
- We will roll this update out over time to Preview members who opt in for it. We’ll start with a set of Preview members who have historically submitted the most feedback – it will not roll out to everyone at the same time. Our goal is to start with a group, get feedback, then roll out to larger groups for additional feedback over time.
- If you’re a member of the Xbox One Preview Program, you will get an invitation sent to you in an Xbox Live message.
- From the invitation launch the Xbox Preview Dashboard and select the registration option.
- You can then opt-in by selecting “Preview – New Xbox One Experience”.
- If you choose not to participate in this update (you just leave your registration as preview), you will continue to receive “regular” Preview Program updates going forward. This will not remove you from the Xbox Preview Program.
- New builds will regularly roll out over a period of several weeks to those who opt in, and our engineering team will work to improve the features and fix any bugs they identify throughout the preview testing.
This is what we know for now, we will continue to drop info to you as more arrive at our doorstep. This update is BIG and brings a whole new experience to our gaming. Got any thoughts you want to share? Leave them down below in the comment section.
Source: Xbox Wire