Xbox Revenue Is Up 27%
Microsoft released its earnings statement for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2015, and It’s positive
Satya Nadella current chief executive officer of Microsoft also released a statement, expressing satisfaction with the investment on Xbox paying off among other stuff.
Our approach to investing in areas where we have differentiation and opportunity is paying off with Surface, Xbox, Bing, Office 365, Azure and Dynamics CRM Online all growing by at least double-digits. And the upcoming release of Windows 10 will create new opportunities for Microsoft and our ecosystem
In particular, 1.4 million Xbox One and Xbox 360 consoles combined have been shipped between April 1st and June 30th. Here are some of the relevant bullet points shared.
- Xbox Platform revenue increased $86 million or 10%, driven by higher volumes of consoles sold, offset in part by lower prices of Xbox Ones sold. We sold 1.4 million consoles in the fourth quarter compared to 1.1 million consoles during the prior year.
- Computing and Gaming Hardware revenue included an unfavourable foreign currency impact of approximately 6%.
- Xbox Live transactions revenue increased $205 million or 58%, reflecting increased users and revenue per user.
- Total Xbox revenue grew 27% based on strong growth in consoles, Xbox Live transactions and first party games.
The newly released shipment numbers brings the total of Xbox consoles moved for the fiscal year that just ended to 12.1 million, compared to 11.7 million shipped in the previous fiscal year.
Below you can see graphs showing performance of the Computing and Gaming Hardware segment,
Can they do better over the next year?, What do you guys think let us know with a comment below.
- Previous Real Madrid C.F. Stars Get New Player Likeness for EA SPORTS FIFA 16
- Next Forza 6: New Cars Revealed