Survival RPG that is truly beautiful
Take a look outside and you will probably see the usual stuff like trees, people, birds etc. Now try to imagine that same scene covered in ash and with no sun, the only natural light source comes from eruptions. Time to survive, time to find a place to call home but more importantly it’s time to join forces with other survivors.
Help to guide those you trust to your camp, ensure them they are safe there in hopes they will stick around. People you encounter out in the world will have unique skills and crafting abilities to increase your chances of survival, don’t waste these chances though as teamwork is the only way to make it. Welcome to a world where nothing lasts no matter how tightly you cling to it, welcome to ‘Ashen’.
- Passive Multiplayer – People you meet out in the world are players with their own agendas. It will be up to you to decide how to deal with them.
- Non-linear progression – No two games will ever be the same. This is a world that moves on without you. Simply being in a different place at a certain time will alter the story in dramatic ways.
- Open World Exploration – Your settlement is nestled in the mountains, surrounded by hand crafted environments as far as the eye can see.
- High Risk Combat – Each encounter, no matter how trivial seeming, has the potential to end in disaster. Knowing the land and being patient are some of the most valuable weapons available to a lone wanderer in Ashen. Sometimes it is best to turn and run.
- Creatures – The creatures of Ashen include rare, lonely giants and hungry, twisted inhabitants of the night. Despite the perils of the darkness, life always finds a way. This is a land teaming with a diverse array of flora and fauna.
- The Town – The town will be cobbled together from survivors you choose to bring to your settlement. They might provide you with help ranging from blacksmithing to foraging expertise.
I think a huge thank you is in order for this stunning title, but who do we owe thanks to? Please say hi to ‘Aurora44’, founded in 2013 they’re an independent games studio based in New Zealand. A group of passionate developers who believe in creating quality, hand crafted experiences for players to explore. ‘Ashen’ is the first title from Aurora44 and what a way to introduce yourself, a great addition into the ID@XBOX program.
What do you think of ‘Ashen’, a game that revolves on your choices as you take the role of a lone wanderer in a sunless land where the only light to be had sputters from an age-old lantern at your side. I can’t wait for this indie gem to touch down, can you?