Cuphead is a classic run and gun action game heavily focused on boss battles.
Inspired by cartoons of the 1930’s, the visuals and audio are painstakingly created with the same techniques of the era, i.e. traditional cell animation (hand drawn & hand inked!), watercolor backgrounds and original jazz recordings.
Play as Cuphead or Mugman (in single player or co-op) as you traverse strange worlds, acquire new weapons, learn powerful super moves, and discover hidden secrets. Cuphead is all action, all the time. Do you have what it takes?
- Fast and challenging action, retro stylings with modern depth
- Huge, screen filling bosses
- A wide variety of wacky weapons, supers, and secrets
- Schmup levels sprinkled throughout to test your skill
- Amazing hand drawn art in ’30s style
- Original jazz compositions, recorded live
- Irreverent and wacky sense of humor inspired by 30s cartoons
- Play as a guy with a cup for a head (or a mug)
- Simple enough to pick up and play, tuned for speed running
- Unique parry defense system
Check out the E3 2015 trailer below –
Cuphead is currently expected to release on Xbox One in 2016.